The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Live: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris speak at first joint campaign event

Also good music too funk, soul, R&B while we wait

Last edited:
Going "BUT TRUUUUUUUUMP" is not an excuse. If you will pick the lesser evil (and @Mr. Nice , I agree with @Blind_Io that you should go and vote even if you believe your vote is not worth much) you must at least acknowledge that evil. Otherwise you end up exactly like you are right now, where wishing for better candidates apparently involves paddling to an alternate dimension.
That's letting the demand for perfection get in the way of progress. The result is what happened in 2016, when Hillary wasn't the perfect candidate many people stayed home or cast protest ballots. They demanded their perfect candidate and we now have Trump.

There is never a perfect candidate. I could and did vote for Hillary, but she wasn't my first choice. The likelihood that I'll vote for Biden is still hovering around 0%. It's not being aided at all by people like Momentum and the armies of JoeBros who like to shout down at progressives like me about the superiority of their candidate, who found it acceptable to tell a black person "you ain't black" and uses words like "shylocks." These things are in addition to the other items I've already listed here.

I live in Georgia, which elected Brian Kemp as their governor, and will give its electoral college votes to Trump. The only impact my abstention from casting a presidential ballot will have is to give me the peace of mind that I didn't assist someone that I dislike a great deal in becoming president.

Yes, it's possible to dislike someone, refuse to vote for them, and still hope that they win. Welcome to the electoral college.

I'm not going to turn the Election Thread into some amalgamation of my own person politics. So i'm going just say I'm sorry you think that im shouting you down. I do think that if you don't like Biden you should support the party. How much progressive legislation will be passed with Trump? None. So make some calls for congressional candidates in other states. I don't get how throwing rocks at Biden helps any Democrat including progressives.

https://pdamerica.org/2020-endorsements/

How much progressive legislation will be passed with Trump? None. So make some calls for congressional candidates in other states.

This is the only reason why I will vote for Biden.

That's letting the demand for perfection get in the way of progress. The result is what happened in 2016, when Hillary wasn't the perfect candidate many people stayed home or cast protest ballots. They demanded their perfect candidate and we now have Trump.
"They didn't have my favorite beer in the store so I bought a can of bleach, and will be drinking that in stead"

Oh, what do you know? Trump says he’s crippling the postal service on purpose. And I was the nutjob saying this weeks ago.

For context he's saying he's holding up Covid relief funds so that the post office won't be able to deliver mail which will hold up ballots and votes against him... OPENLY OPENLY HE IS SAYING THIS

I'm pretty sure I said weeks ago that he will try to break everything between now and November.

Looking at that footer banner: "Biden will raise $4T in taxes and the markets will crash" - says man who oversaw the largest GDP drop in history, ended the longest period of economic growth in history and managed to balloon the debt at the same time.

^ Yesterday he said 3 Trillion. It's all predicted on his tax deferral becoming permanent. Which will bankrupt Social Security, and Medicare.

vW2SrQe.png

No wonder satire is so difficult atm.

Wow!

"They didn't have my favorite beer in the store so I bought a can of bleach, and will be drinking that in stead"

Could you overexaggerate more? It's more like buying Tanqueray if they don't have Plymouth gin in the shop. Vote for the policy, not the person. It's clear the pretty much everyone does not do this which is a shame. Example: last UK election where lots of people turned down Labour just because they didn't like Corbyn.

Could you overexaggerate more? It's more like buying Tanqueray if they don't have Plymouth gin in the shop. Vote for the policy, not the person. It's clear the pretty much everyone does not do this which is a shame. Example: last UK election where lots of people turned down Labour just because they didn't like Corbyn.

Ok if you in the uk had to choose between ending the NHS and oh any other idea? I don't think it's an over exaggerated claim when we went from Presidents of both parties echoing LBJ "Many of the issues of civil rights are very complex and most difficult. But about this there can and should be no argument. Every American citizen must have an equal right to vote. There is no reason which can excuse the denial of that right. There is no duty which weighs more heavily on us than the duty we have to ensure that right."

To: I'm going to fuck up the post office so libtards can't vote.

Because lets be honest, will this do anything?

Additional campaign points, further coverage of the situation, increase of Pelosi's clout for future political gain, to name three.

What Amy said.