The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

View attachment 3558619

His own DHS has labelled right-wing extremists and white supremacists as the most dangerous threat to the nation. :rolleyes:

Apparently, he also got the "Proud Boys" all excited about it too.

EDIT:

I just came across the clip.

Last edited:

Telemundo, which caters heavily to latinos, was running a poll which gave a 66/34 to Trump on "who won the debate"

Other outlets, including my local paper, seem to agree on the debate being little more than a shouting match between the candidates and of little relevance to the electorate as far as decision swaying is concerned.

Needless to say, I am glad I missed this one.

Made some post debate Biden calls to "leans Republican" in California tonight... I don't think California will be close.

If Trumps performance did anything it clarified in his mind you either are not voting for him or you are standing by to murder your neighbors.

Trump surrogates can't say that Trump won so they are trying to bring everyone down. The game will be to claim Chris "the answer is no" Wallace was the reason why Trump looked bad because Trump is not responsible.

They used a Fox News mediator and he still acted like a clown. You would have thought that would have given him a better light to work in. I'm glad it didn't, but I doubt this will make a change for people.

Trump surrogates can't say that Trump won so they are trying to bring everyone down. The game will be to claim Chris "the answer is no" Wallace was the reason why Trump looked bad because Trump is not responsible.

SywUAKi.jpg

Yeah, no, the debate was indeed a zero-sum game this time. More reflective of the pathetic state of american politics as a whole than any discernible clarity on the positions of one or another candidate or anything resembling a formal discussion.

That is bad...

I came in to post that.

For a frame of reference.

They used a Fox News mediator and he still acted like a clown. You would have thought that would have given him a better light to work in. I'm glad it didn't, but I doubt this will make a change for people.

I really feel for Chris Wallace because he was agreed to by both candidates, both candidates agreed to rules, one candidate was completly unhinged. People are suggesting that they should mute President when it's not he's time. That in itself is crazy. Imagine if baseball game umpires said "we will handcuff a player because we can't trust him to not hit people over the head randomly".

I don't know what the other moderators will do but the President can't be trusted to keep his word to follow the rules.

Isn't that just par for the course?

Isn't that just par for the course?

This was far and away a greater illustration that he's unrestrained. Even in the 2016 debates Trump didn't compleatly ignore the conventional understanding of the format or disregard the rules in total.

This was far and away a greater illustration that he's unrestrained. Even in the 2016 debates Trump didn't compleatly ignore the conventional understanding of the format or disregard the rules in total.

There are at least a dozen other examples of him not following the rules or even basic norms.

This election just got interesting. lol

After the impeachment proceedings with how well that went, I think that helped bolster the "I can do whatever I want" part of his feelings.

Won’t he just move over to Biden’s mike and use that if they mute his own? Since his “strategy” (a.k.a. the only thing he’s good at) is to cause chaos, that would be a logical thing to do.

Won’t he just move over to Biden’s mike and use that if they mute his own? Since his “strategy” (a.k.a. the only thing he’s good at) is to cause chaos, that would be a logical thing to do.
Probably, but the solution could be to put them in a glass box and only activate their mics when its their time to speak. Just make the door handle to the box a bit trick and Trump won't be able to walk out of it

Just put one of those door knob child-lock things on it and Trump's tiny hands won't be able to open it.

He could, but it won't help him. From what I've seen around the internet anecdotally, even some of his own supporters seemed embarrassed over his behaviour that night.

I don't think this is a deliberate strategy tbh. He's 7-8 points down, turning every debate into an unwatchable draw doesn't benefit him in any way. He needs to make gains.

All the early empirical evidence I've been able to find suggests that if the debate had any effect at all, it was a net loss for Trump. The Biden campaign broke fundraising records an hour after the event (with 60,000 new donors as well), and if you look at all the post-debate polls (CNN, CBS, 538) - it's not just that they all show Biden doing better, it's also that they show Biden actually gaining favourability and Trump losing it.

So if Trump came into the debate intending to do what he did from the start, he's a goddamn idiot (which I realise isn't news).
I just think he ended up letting his raging narcissism get the better of him in the heat of the moment though.

Last edited:
I just think he ended up letting his raging narcissism get the better of him in the heat of the moment though.

Good, keep going.

He's 7-8 points down
As of this morning, some polling is showing Trump trailing by as much as 13 points. Regardless of what he claims, Biden carved him up like an orange Thanksgiving turkey.

In lighter news, Weird Al is fucking killing it.