The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

You are assuming an awful lot. The future is a bit more uncertain than normal, but we have not crossed into a buildup to armed insurrection.

Yup. What you (the country) are experiencing right now is pretty much identical to the unrest you usually get with a Latin American election. The veneer of decorum has left the building and a lot of people are just running around claiming that the losing side will go around literally executing their particular definition of "the opposition" as they want to take power by force.

I lament that the US has gone this far down the rabbit hole with political extremism, but I am unsurprised. In reality it is up to the populace and local law enforcement (distrusted as it may be by the aforementioned populace) to control the people who will riot, though this will be likely limited to major urban hubs and will mostly manifest itself as graffiti and breaking windows. My personal hope is that these demonstrations, no matter the winner, will be quickly suppressed. This is because I live in a country which spends most of its time boarded up, where storefronts are barred in fear when it isn't, and where it has been accepted to the point that anything and everything is used as an excuse for breaking windows and torching storefronts and government buildings.

Last edited:
Those claims are not entirely unfounded. There have been acts of partisan violence in the US for the last several years. Remember, we just had an armed convoy intercept a candidate's campaign vehicle; we also have Trump defending Kyle Rittenhouse, who shot several people who were marching against fascism in the US.

So yeah, I think it's fair to be a little bit concerned about violence related to this election. Even Trump thinks shit's going sideways, they've walled off an exclusion zone around the White House with "scale proof fences" and are patrolling the area on both sides with significant weaponry.

On another note, it may be premature - but Fuck Florida.
Florida.gif

DELETED: Post was supposed to go in joke thread

Those claims are not entirely unfounded. There have been acts of partisan violence in the US for the last several years. Remember, we just had an armed convoy intercept a candidate's campaign vehicle; we also have Trump defending Kyle Rittenhouse, who shot several people who were marching against fascism in the US.

So yeah, I think it's fair to be a little bit concerned about violence related to this election. Even Trump thinks shit's going sideways, they've walled off an exclusion zone around the White House with "scale proof fences" and are patrolling the area on both sides with significant weaponry.

On another note, it may be premature - but Fuck Florida.
View attachment 3558946

Florida is where conservative northerners go. I expect Arizona as well to be the same because thats the other retirement state.

Also, latinos who have escaped my region and who have a hard negative association with anything that can be perceived as overly to the left.

Last edited:
While not surprised, I’m glad Illinois is predictable enough to be blue.

Looking at the maps now, I’m not feeling confident. Fuck this.

Some good news, regardless of your political affiliation... NJ legalizes recreational marijuana.

Biden said he would legalize it nationally, so that's another reason to want him in office. Because holy fuck, I could have used some for the last 4 years.

Biden said he would legalize it nationally, so that's another reason to want him in office. Because holy fuck, I could have used some for the last 4 years.
Then all those places could use banks!

Then all those places could use banks!

I don't think so. Congress passed a law tat basically states that is illegal for banks to do business with anyone that profits from class 1 narcotics. Cannabis/marijuana is still on that list.

It is also a convoluted process to remove it from that class.

I don't think so. Congress passed a law tat basically states that is illegal for banks to do business with anyone that profits from class 1 narcotics. Cannabis/marijuana is still on that list.

It is also a convoluted process to remove it from that class.
Which Biden said he would change, opening up banking to dispensaries and grow businesses.

Fox News Poll backfires, shows that Americans are generally liberal: https://www.dailydot.com/debug/fox-exit-polls-shows-americans-liberal/

Trump tweets, Twitter slaps a warning on it.

At the time of his Tweet, Biden has 223 Electoral College votes, Trump has 212.

Trump supporter in Brooklyn threatens to put voter in the hospital.

Last edited:
Why did so many people vote for the racist orange man? I give up.
To my knowledge the mail in votes haven’t been counted fully yet, right? There’s some hope there... it’s slowly dying though.

Why did so many people vote for the racist orange man? I give up.
Mutual hate for some groups.
This. In my opinion far too many people (tHe MEdiA!1!!) are asking why people keep voting for those far right idiot parties and candidates despite them being racist homophobic xenophobic autocratic fascist incompetent pieces of turd... but it's easy: people are voting for them precisely because of that. I admit it sucks having to admit that, but many people actually are assholes like that...