The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Lawyer who opposed Giuliani fact free presentation -

1-28

1605804019514.png

Nothing to see here, just re-routing the chain of military command while denying the outcome of a democratic election...
Pro-Trump commenters are supporting this, saying that he's "not going to surrender the country to this coup" and my personal favorite, "he should just stay in the White House and inaugurate himself."

OK, so I was with the idea that this was changing how things are reported but now I'm not with it. I thought it was a way to mitigate possible bullshit from trumpers, but of course I am disappointed yet again.

Trump personally called GOP officials who are refusing to certify election results.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tion-michigan-vote-wayne-county-b1747100.html

Trump personally called two Republicans who now oppose certifying Detroit-area votes​

GOP canvasser says she felt no pressure from president to change her vote​

Donald Trump personally called two Republican canvassers in Michigan who are now attempting to withdraw their support for certifying Detroit-area votes.
Monica Palmer and William Hartmann initially opposed certifying the votes for Wayne County, but faced a torrent of condemnation and accusations of racism for doing so and backtracked.
The Associated Press reports that the president, who had praised their initial decision, reached out to them after the revised vote to thank them for their support, according to a person familiar with the matter.

“I did receive a call from President Trump, late Tuesday evening, after the meeting,” Ms Palmer told The Washington Post. “He was checking in to make sure I was safe after hearing the threats and doxing that had occurred.”

On Wednesday, both canvassers signed affidavits reversing course again saying that they were improperly pressured and that the county vote should not be certified, despite no evidence of fraud.
It is unclear whether they can do this under state law.
Ms Palmer told the Post that she and the president spoke for about two minutes and that she felt no pressure to change her vote.
In a statement issued late on Wednesday, the two canvassers said that they only voted to certify the results after “hours of sustained pressure”.
They say they were promised their concerns about the election would be investigated in an audit of the votes. It is unclear whether that promise was binding and whether the audit will go ahead.

“We deserve better — but more importantly, the American people deserve better — than to be forced to accept an outcome achieved through intimidation, deception, and threats of violence,” the statement reads. “Wayne County voters need to have full confidence in this process.”
Ms Palmer and Mr Hartmann initially voted against certification leaving the Wayne County Board of Canvassers deadlocked at 2-2 along party lines.

They complained that certain Detroit precincts were out of balance, meaning that absentee ballot books did not match the number of ballots cast.
This was attributed to human error by Jonathan Kinloch, a Democrat and vice chair of the board, who added that it was “reckless and irresponsible” not to certify the results.
At a heated public meeting on Zoom after their initial decision, the two were lambasted by officials and angry members of the public.
Video of one denouncement in particular went viral when the pair were told that the “stain of racism” would follow them "throughout history".
Later, Yvonne White, president of the Michigan state conference of the NAACP described their actions as “racism, pure and simple”.
In a statement, she said: “It is no accident that these accusations are hurled against Wayne County; this is home to the City of Detroit and the largest concentration of Black voters in the state.”
Ms Palmer says that her intentions were the opposite and that any corrections would not alter the vote totals in the county and state in a way that might change the Biden victory.
Republicans have called the treatment of Ms Palmer and Mr Hartmann “mob rule”, something which Ms Palmer denies.
She told the Post: “There wasn’t mob rule,” but there was pressure to certify. She moved forward because of the promise of an audit of the votes.
Mr Kinloch says that he and Ms Palmer had agreed to prepare a joint letter to the Michigan secretary of state asking for an audit, and that by attempting to rescind their votes, the two Republicans were "playing with the vote and the will of the people”.
Joe Biden overwhelmed Mr Trump in Wayne County, a Democratic stronghold, by more than a two-to-one margin and won Michigan by 146,000 votes.

Does anyone hear a Republican standing up to this? Cowards all them.

Does anyone hear a Republican standing up to this? Cowards all them.

Romney said a couple of things, but that is about it.

Michiganians and Americans should be livid about this.

Mit "Mittens" Romney is a coward. He will speak up only when it knows it will serve him in his district and won't hurt the GOP. He will never dissent when it really matters.

Romney said a couple of things, but that is about it.

Michiganians and Americans should be livid about this.

My last fucks have left the building. Most I can muster these days is "typical."

Maybe the reason we don't see the police arrest armed alt-right militia dipshits is the same reason you never see Superman and Clark Kent in the same room together

Mit "Mittens" Romney is a coward. He will speak up only when it knows it will serve him in his district and won't hurt the GOP. He will never dissent when it really matters.

Last edited:
Ready for the run off?

This is an interesting take on the current situation with Trump.

Imagine the bloodshed if they did that.

Not saying civil war

Yes, now lets see if he knows the states better than Wakko.