The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

That's a lot shorter than it needs to be. 5 people died, including at least one Capitol police.

Why are all these assholes finally jumping off the the fats cheetotanic? It has nothing to do with this being a bridge too far, this about their future employment. They know Fox News will only have X number of slots while OAN and Newsmax can't afford them and most likely will get sued out of existence in the future, so they want to get their resumes in now rather than 2 weeks from now.

If Georgia had gone the other way they wouldn't have batted an eye and just rode it out like they have till now.

Sabotage?

Pentagon placed limits on D.C. Guard ahead of pro-Trump protests due to narrow mission​

The Pentagon placed tight limits on the D.C. National Guard ahead of pro-Trump protests this week, trying to ensure the use of military force remained constrained, as the Guard carried out a narrow, unarmed mission requested by the city’s mayor to help handle traffic ahead of planned protests.

Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) confirmed that account in an interview with The Washington Post, saying Capitol Police “made it perfectly clear that they needed extraordinary help, including the National Guard. There was some concern from the Army of what it would look like to have armed military personnel on the grounds of the Capitol.” One concern was whether the Army had been invited by Congress.

It's easy to think of it as sabotage since the Pentagon is rife with the traitor's appointees, but I'm going to hold judgement for now. The "negative optics" line is more than just PR fluff, the military is serious about maintaining organizational neutrality in politics and loathes the idea of being seen as politically involved.

"There is no question in my mind that he was responsible for inciting this riotous mob" -- Republican Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland

Former NJ Gov. and Trump ally Chris Christie: “If inciting to insurrection isn’t [an impeachable offense], then I don’t really know what is.”

They are not a political party anymore they are a terrorist group.

Fine, overthrow the government, but that's not what happened Wednesday. They broke into a federal building, stole things, smashed windows and acted like hooligans. This does make a revolution, not.

If you are going to overthrow a government, you might start with a having a decent plan and maybe a tank or two.

This why we needed civics classes. The Declaration gives no rights. It predates the Constitution and at best can be said to be a guiding document. If it did what she claims she can get in line behind the blacks and the gays. What should happen is her Congressional Representative and Senators should be apologizing that Trump lied to them and they went along with it for too long.

It reminds me of the movie "My Fellow Americans"

---

(Hick father) ...i might take the family up to see Mount Rushmore. One of America's greatest natural wonders, son.

(Ex president) Not really. It's not a natural wonder. A man by the name of Gutzon Borglum carved it.

(Hick) Someone carved it? That ruins the whole thing.

(Son) Who's on Mount Rushmore?

(Hick) There's Abe Lincoln. He chopped down the cherry tree. There's Franklin Theodore Roosevelt. He kilt him a bear when he was only three.

(Ex president) You got to be kidding, right? Lincoln's mixed up with Washington. Roosevelt, with Davy Crockett. Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

(Hick) No disrespect, sir, but you're in my car.

(Ex president) You're in my country. Our country. Get your facts straight. How do you expect your son to respect history? That kind of ignorance is dangerous.

---

After this exchange we find that the hicks are in economic distress... But it's white economic distress as the hicks wife's uncle owns a paint factory.

What's worse is there is no telling these idiots even basic foundational information.

A resent poll found that it's worse than I had imagined.

87% of Republicans are seditious scum

?‍♂️
The revelations shed new light on why Capitol police were so quickly overrun by rioters. The department had the same number of officers in place as on a routine day.

?‍♂️

The police chief insisted they knew what they were doing.

“He kept assuring me he had it under control — they knew what they were doing,” she said. “Either he’s incompetent, or he was lying or he was complicit.”

I am against the death penalty but this is treading close to the line if complicit.

The police chief insisted they knew what they were doing.

“He kept assuring me he had it under control — they knew what they were doing,” she said. “Either he’s incompetent, or he was lying or he was complicit.”

I am against the death penalty but this is treading close to the line if complicit.
Complicit and lying about it seems the one reasonable choice, given how the Capitol was prepared for BLM protests. The seditionists did not hide their planning, so there's no conceivable way Capitol police didn't know about it.

And that the FBI and NYPD gave them a call "yo we got intel shits bout to go down"! The idea that this goes unanswered is perverse. Arrest and jail time might not be enough.

Again I think the death penalty doesn't really work states without the death penalty have a lower rate of violent crime. It isn't a deterrence, it's costly... I have a hard time ruling it out. Though my tattoo on foreheads idea is still on the table.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...re-standby-near-capitol-riot-weren-t-n1253918

Archivists Are Mining Parler Metadata to Pinpoint Crimes at the Capitol​

Last edited:
It's also being reported that panic buttons were torn out of offices prior to the attack. This wasn't a rally, and I really wish the media would stop calling it that; this was an attempted coup. It was premeditated and planned with the blessing of Trump, who did this to try to remain in power.

Now the US is having to vet the troops that will provide security for Biden's inauguration to make sure they are not insurrectionists and Trump sympathizers. The US is now actively trying to prevent a military coup.