The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Massive interacive database of insurrection videos -

What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol​

^ I had seen these things in another footage: I was amazed at how the mob crushing things and looting places mixed in with the respectful citizen, not wanting to hurt anyone or destroy anything.

They were so convinced that the election was a fraud that they wanted to -save- the US, not to attempt a coup. They believed they were right. This bizarre mix of patriotism and disrupting their own democratic processes is extremely interesting to investigate.

And extremely important.

I was expecting it from people staying at home and sometimes waking up to the violent groups, and be puzzled and amazed by what they couldn't see, but I couldn't fathom this sentiment being present in the same people who were breaking in. But there it was. How many of you had foreseen this? I bet none.

Also, this unexpected glimpse into how many of those minds work should make everyone else stop. As deranged and misguided as they are, -they are not-, for the most part, the fascist scum that has been depicted.

You have seen it with LeV here: he was not antidemocratic, he was deeply convinced that he was right and defending freedom, to the point of cognitive dissonance.

Let's not make the same mistake in the opposite direction. Because as long as people will make that mistake, many normal, fundamentally good-willed, people will be equated, and thus encouraged to ally, with the non-democratic, violent, fascist groups. This was true in June, this is true now.

I'll quote from the article:

"The radical fringe is a cause for concern. The thousands of regular people whipped into a murderous rage is the real nightmare"

The situation is dire, but this is not the manifestation of a nightmare. It's the exact opposite, it's the way out, the proof itself that the nightmare can be averted. Most of those people have deeply-rooted ideas of peace and liberty that are probably stronger than "the end justify the means". We (and I say "we" because this mentality does exist elsewhere too) don't need to change their minds (which is an herculean, often impossible task), we just have to generate a distance between them and the violent groups, to show them there are other possibilities.

Of course this means being able to see them as brothers and not as enemies.

But let's work on that!

Rudy is out!

If Rudy isn't going to represent him in the impeachment trial, who is going to represent him then...?

Yeah, because Rudy is a witness for the prosecution. ?

Last edited:
Reports Parler back online using Russian servers

8kun also getting Russian support

The mypillow guy. I heard he can save america, somehow.

He might need to start saving his own ass.

He might need to start saving his own ass.

I want to ask in a few years to this assholes, was it worth it?

I want to ask in a few years to this assholes, was it worth it?

Let me sum up their responses. I was fighting for freedom, liberty, and the constitution, so yes, it was worth it.

Let me sum up their responses. I was fighting for freedom, liberty, and the constitution, so yes, it was worth it.

Yes, the failed business man was right there with you and not conning you out of money and self respect.

Remember this people, he wants to be reasonable now...

I hope someone asks him in a press conference.

My favorite "Biden should say..." joke as been that he should start his speech tomorrow with, "Well, that was weird..."

You know W said that to Hillary after Trump's inauguration speech