The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Trump will be back in August according to the pillow guy.

I think he might be sampling the meth again.

We need a popcorn reaction.

Whatever it takes to sell pillows to the MAGA-movement. Hope they are tear proof.

Trump social network is like a well packaged 8Chan and will just as defensive about the first mass shooter who post their loony manifesto

Can't believe they are still counting in AZ.

“This is all about the Republican acquisition and retention of illegitimate power,” says former Attorney General Eric Holder on gerrymandering in the wake of the 2020 census results. Aired on 04/26/2021.

Can't believe they are still counting in AZ.

As sloppily as it seems the ballots have been transfered and handles, I'm...unsettled about what comes from it.

I feel Trump will lose this time by 10, 300 or something and they will claim it was all a fraud and have to count again. The problem is they think that everything that doesn't validate their world view must be Democrat conspiracy. Biden elected conspiracy, potato head branding conspiracy, Derek Chauvin guilty conspiracy... The list goes on and on

So it sounds about par for the Republicans. The ones that are beginning to realize that it's not good haven't figured out the insanity isnt an act.

"The alarm bells should be going off in the party," the operative said. "The focus should be on stopping the bleeding and then figuring out how to rebuild. Not on relitigating the election because the loser isn't happy about how it turned out."

So it sounds about par for the Republicans. The ones that are beginning to realize that it's not good haven't figured out the insanity isnt an act.

"The alarm bells should be going off in the party," the operative said. "The focus should be on stopping the bleeding and then figuring out how to rebuild. Not on relitigating the election because the loser isn't happy about how it turned out."

Well, to be fair we are not dealing with any sort of "normal" loser here. The loser in question has spent decades carefully painting a picture of himself as a perpetual winner who (in his own, as well as his supporters eyes) is invincible, a sort of inevitable force of nature. His supporters are also identifying themselves with him and projects himself upon themselves. They are now desperately scouring all sources for confirmation of their views. The GOP is dependent on these people, so saying anything or doing anything that disturbs this dissonance will mean you loose the support of these voters which is a large chunk of their voter base. The other chunk sees this, holds their nose, looks the other way and continues to vote GOP.

I admit, that I actually thought that the GOP would toss Trump under the bus as soon as he was out of office, as he just made them loose the House, the Senate and the Oval Office in two years. On top of that, big tech took away his megaphone so breaking with him could have had limited consequence, especially if Fox News had ran the message 24/7 as they usually do.

Well, to be fair we are not dealing with any sort of "normal" loser here. The loser in question has spent decades carefully painting a picture of himself as a perpetual winner who (in his own, as well as his supporters eyes) is invincible, a sort of inevitable force of nature. His supporters are also identifying themselves with him and projects himself upon themselves. They are now desperately scouring all sources for confirmation of their views. The GOP is dependent on these people, so saying anything or doing anything that disturbs this dissonance will mean you loose the support of these voters which is a large chunk of their voter base. The other chunk sees this, holds their nose, looks the other way and continues to vote GOP.

I admit, that I actually thought that the GOP would toss Trump under the bus as soon as he was out of office, as he just made them loose the House, the Senate and the Oval Office in two years. On top of that, big tech took away his megaphone so breaking with him could have had limited consequence, especially if Fox News had ran the message 24/7 as they usually do.
In regards to the first paragraph: Yeah that's insanity. It's surplanting reality and replacing it with an imaginary world.

To the second part I'm surprised they didn't blame it on witchcraft... actually, I remember they did, nevermind. I know it seems like an easy call but I think they were afraid of him splitting the party so now they are daring non insane people to leave. What irks me is the press then calls these people moderate Republicans when in fact they are hard right conservatives who are not crazy or not willing to pretend to be crazy for crazy voters.

To the second part I'm surprised they didn't blame it on witchcraft... actually, I remember they did, nevermind. I know it seems like an easy call but I think they were afraid of him splitting the party so now they are daring non insane people to leave. What irks me is the press then calls these people moderate Republicans when in fact they are hard right conservatives who are not crazy or not willing to pretend to be crazy for crazy voters.

Yes, that's weird, almost suspicious. Imagine just ten years ago if someone had told me that ten years from now Mitt Romney and someone with Cheney as their last name would be considered "moderates" and voices of reason in the GOP, I would spit out my drink laughing at them. Speaking of witchcraft, remember that GOP candidate Christine O'Donnel we laughed at for campaigning on not being a witch...? We used to think that was as wacky as the GOP would get, oh boy were we in for a treat...

I would be amazed if Q-Master Trash hadn’t directed his minions to amass as much dirt on everyone in the GOP as they possibly could. Blackmail and bullying are standard moves of his and the rampant hypocrisy, arrogance and hubris in that “party” must have created an absolute mountain of ammunition, to be used against anyone who threatens him from within.

I would be amazed if Q-Master Trash hadn’t directed his minions to amass as much dirt on everyone in the GOP as they possibly could. Blackmail and bullying are standard moves of his and the rampant hypocrisy, arrogance and hubris in that “party” must have created an absolute mountain of ammunition, to be used against anyone who threatens him from within.
I don't know about that I think the remaining are true believers... At the very least true believers in Trump's ability to destroy things. Look at the 2016 Republican Primary he did dominate vastly more qualified candidates. How? By name calling, appealing to xenophobic base instincts, encouraging violence...

There is a huge chasm between John Kasich and Trump. Now John Kasich could never get elected as a Republican. Look at John Thune who's being primaried by a person who's never held office but that guy is pro Trump and they say it's going to to tough for Thune.

The party has compleatly changed it's sole platform is TRUMP.

Any more on the mystery wifi router?

My favorite part of this whole thing:

The auditors: "We can't find the data, so that means you've deleted it to hide something! Evidence of fraud" (a claim repeated by former President Trump)

The station election board: "No, you can't find it because you're looking in the wrong place. Look here instead."

The auditors: "Umm...we found it, but it's because we did data recovery and found it all because we're so good. Yep. Not the other reason. OK, now we're going to be closed for a week because...school graduations, even though we said we'd have been done by last week already."

Last edited: