The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Don't forget the cheeto stains:

I watched the GOP’s Arizona election audit. It was worse than you think.​

AZ SoS Says Maricopa Election Equipment Shouldn’t Be Used Again After Sketchy Audit​

Last edited:
Where the hell is that Georgia Grand Jury?

‘Pure insanity’: How Trump and his allies pressured the Justice Department to help overturn the election​

pdf

New Documents Show Trump Repeatedly Pressed DOJ to Overturn Election Results Before Inciting Capitol Attack​

OAN calls for mass executions of US citizens over fake voter fraud claims.

Crazy story:

They Seemed Like Democratic Activists. They Were Secretly Conservative Spies.​

Operatives infiltrated progressive groups across the West to try to manipulate politics and reshape the national electoral map. They targeted moderate Republicans, too — anyone seen as threats to hard-line conservatives.
undercover operation by conservatives to infiltrate progressive groups, political campaigns and the offices of Democratic as well as moderate Republican elected officials during the 2020 election cycle

Inside the Capitol Riot: An Exclusive Video Investigation​

The Times analyzed thousands of videos from the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol Building to understand how it happened — and why. Here are some of the key findings.

What's sad is the Republicans are in such a bad state of denial they believe that it's George Soros and communist who stormed the capital.

Only two Republicans — Cheney and Kinzinger supported Jan. 6 select committee

I'm kinda of the mind that Democrats should want MTG or Bobertt on the committee. They are extremely crazy and dumb so it will illustrate it when they claim laser cats from china did it.

??????

'We need you to stop the counting': Records detail intense efforts by Trump allies to pressure Maricopa County supervisors​

Text messages and voicemails make clear that Trump’s allies were fixated on how the supervisors were going to address what the Trump team deemed as voting irregularities.
www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2021/07/02/records-show-trump-allies-kelli-ward-rudy-giuliani-pressured-county-officials-over-election-results/7813304002/

This has to be eye opening for Arizona Republicans and Independents that the new voting law is anything but to further fuel this anti-democratic crusade the Trump people are on. It going to be difficult but I feel even against the redistricting and voter suppression Democrats might motivate their base and others to vote against this garbage.

This has to be eye opening for Arizona Republicans and Independents that the new voting law is anything but to further fuel this anti-democratic crusade the Trump people are on. It going to be difficult but I feel even against the redistricting and voter suppression Democrats might motivate their base and others to vote against this garbage.

Interesting to see if Arizona AG takes action, or will Garland have to take over.

Looks as bad as Georgia case. Where else?

From the link

Arizona Republicans have stripped the secretary of state's office — currently held by a Democrat — of the right to defend the state's election laws in court, or choose not to, a change enacted as part of Arizona's newly signed budget.

The spending blueprint that Gov. Doug Ducey signed into law Wednesday declares that the attorney general — currently a position occupied by Republican Mark Brnovich — has sole authority over election-related litigation.

If the secretary of state and attorney general were to disagree over a legal strategy when Arizona election laws are challenged, the new law states that "the authority of the attorney general to defend the law is paramount."

So, they strip power from the people that they don't think will play the way they want.

He also worked with the militia wanting to kidnap the Governor. Bizarre how Republicans don't find this objectionable.

This last week, I was back "home", visiting family in rural-ish Wisconsin. Whenever I go, I usually spend a day driving about 30 mins away to where I grew up, driving my old favorite roads, stopping at the grocery store I worked at 25 years ago, etc.

I drove past my childhood home (we moved out 30+ years ago), and there were three flags (what looked like) staple-gunned to the front porch...a porch i remember helping my dad build as a kid.
"TRUMP/PENCE 2020"
"MAGA: NO MORE BULLSHIT"
"FUCK BIDEN"

It broke my heart.

Great profile of Ed McBroom, a Michigan Republican state senator:

The Senator Who Decided to Tell the Truth​

A Michigan Republican spent eight months searching for evidence of election fraud, but all he found was lies.