• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

The 217-mph Ruf Rt 12 is the quickest car we've ever tested

alptlubo

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=2973

650-bhp engine would be closer to $287,000 for a U.S. version

In my point of view, although it is a great car, it does not worth that much money. I would rather buy Ferrari F430 Chanllage version instead of. What you guys say about this issue if you take account in money.

11162005121226.jpg

osabros said:
jensked said:
What i'm asking myself: why doesn't Porsche build that car?
ill bet you such heavy tuning isnt very reliable....
No, Ruf built their first heavyly tuned cars in 1987, that was the ctr "Yellowbird" based on the 911 Carrera. It had an F-40 chrushing 469 hp from it's 3,4-litre flat six. This car became the fastest car of it's time, with a top speed far above 200 mph. The point is however that the cars Ruf built was very reliable, for instance JC tested an old one on his tuning video and he said it felt like it was new. Road & Track did the full standing mile test earlyer this year with a car that was built in 1987 an run on a dayly basis with no rebuilds up untill today and they said it still felt like it was brand new. So Ruf's tuning is widely known for being very reliable.

16205YB-1024x780.jpg

marcos_eirik said:
osabros said:
jensked said:
No, Ruf built their first heavyly tuned cars in 1987, that was the ctr "Yellowbird" based on the 911 Carrera. It had an F-40 chrushing 469 hp from it's 3,4-litre flat six. This car became the fastest car of it's time, with a top speed far above 200 mph. The point is however that the cars Ruf built was very reliable, for instanceJC tested an old one on his tuning video and he said it felt like it was new. Road & Track did the full standing mile test earlyer this year with a car that was built in 1987 an run on a dayly basis with no rebuilds up untill today and they said it still felt like it was brand new. So Ruf's tuning is widely known for being very reliable.

which one was that?

can't remember having seen that

bone said:
marcos_eirik said:
osabros said:
jensked said:
No, Ruf built their first heavyly tuned cars in 1987, that was the ctr "Yellowbird" based on the 911 Carrera. It had an F-40 chrushing 469 hp from it's 3,4-litre flat six. This car became the fastest car of it's time, with a top speed far above 200 mph. The point is however that the cars Ruf built was very reliable, for instanceJC tested an old one on his tuning video and he said it felt like it was new. Road & Track did the full standing mile test earlyer this year with a car that was built in 1987 an run on a dayly basis with no rebuilds up untill today and they said it still felt like it was brand new. So Ruf's tuning is widely known for being very reliable.

which one was that?

can't remember having seen that
At Full Throttle ;)
i think he was testing the convertible version of the CTR

Re: The 217-mph Ruf Rt 12 is the quickest car we've ever tes

Re: The 217-mph Ruf Rt 12 is the quickest car we've ever tes

alptlubo said:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=2973

650-bhp engine would be closer to $287,000 for a U.S. version

In my point of view, although it is a great car, it does not worth that much money. I would rather buy Ferrari F430 Chanllage version instead of.What you guys say about this issue if you take account in money.
article.asp

More pics of this event:
http://www.sportbilen.se/index.php?page=bildspel.php?cat=rufrt12_
--> taken by Erik, the owner of rs6.com

cya
Oliver

Fixed your image.

Seems like a HOT car, but yeah.. a F430 would be very tempting..

Boring my ass..

that sound can make me cum in seconds.. it's just pure sex

Well the pros of the car certainly outweigh the cons of the car. It can't be perfect, if you watched the TG episode, they said it wasn't as fast as the Pagani or the Ford GT. There is no such thing as a perfect car (although you may believe there is such a thing), you will always be able to nit-pick something that is wrong with the car.

Listen, if you had the chance to own or at least test drive a F430, I don't think you would pass up the chance would you?