• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

The 400th Enzo

czar_boi1

As many of you know, Ferrari only made 399 Enzo's. But I heard news (read at a forum) that Ferrari was planning to make a 400th Enzo. No news on how much it will differ from "normal" Enzos (power, exterior, interior) , but I know that it will be much higher in price. The 400th Enzo will be auctioned by Sotheby's and proceeds will go to the Tsunami Victims. I'm not saying this is truel; I'm just saying from what I read. Ferrari is so generous. . .

I'd think this is just a rumor. There is probably a written document out there that legally says that Ferrari will only make 399 Enzos so that Enzo owners are few.

it would be easier for ferrari just to donate money then to spend money on production of this one of then auction...blah blah blah

justin syder said:
it would be easier for ferrari just to donate money then to spend money on production of this one of then auction...blah blah blah

Hmm, don't think so... The engine is still in Stock, and most of the parts will be hidden in a warehouse as spares...
They also build the black Enzo GT (or whatever it is called) which you can see in the FG Ep, where that guy buys the F1..

Buba

They built 400, and the 1st is the mule (the black test car in that FG vid). It's no GT or anything special, just a temporary body they used before the final design was selected. They wouldn't build a GT version before the actual car :roll:

I thought they actually built 400 but they only sell 399 because they place one enzo in the ferrari museum and will never be sold to anyone

Dunno about the truth of what czar boy is saying but regarding the "legal" docs that say ferrari can't make too many Enzos... They've done it before with the F50 I think, if I remember correctly they tripled the number (which did make the owners mad) but still they did it :) So I can't rule out them making more than 399 Enzos after all...

well they were supposed to make 349 Enzos but made 399, so I guess they can change it.

It did make collectors/owners unhappy

Renesis said:
well they were supposed to make 349 Enzos but made 399, so I guess they can change it.

It did make collectors/owners unhappy

I've only heard about the 399 Enzos....and about the sig, you shouldn't talk, because you're over the limit too....that extra 26px of the logo to be exact.. :p :p :p

Daniel said:
If they made 200, 399 or 800, would we really know? :?
Well seeing how they all have serial numbers and that if they started selling more now...

F601.jpg

F603.jpg

F602.jpg

thats the FX60 prototype, which was the mule for the Enzo. they kept it for testing and probably use it for trying out new ideas for their road cars (i can't imagine them testing engine or areodynamics on an f50 spider :lol: )

That makes more sense.

If they were going to put it back into production for just one car, it'd end up costing so much to make that they'd probably be better off just sending the money to tsunami victims instead.