The 5 Most Horrifying Bugs in the World

I was reading about Australian spider species when I came across this picture of a Huntsman (Heteropoda jugulans):

Heteropoda_ZZ279_F2657.jpg

This spider is about 20 mm long and lives on or under bark from Eucalyptus trees (or on keyboards).

*Stops typing and slowly looks down at keyboard... :shock2:*

*shudders*

Ok, I'm done with this thread. I fucking hate spiders more than anything. I went out once with a girl who had a pet tarantula and she asked what I would do if I saw it out of it's cage. My reply, "Probably put two rounds through it at 15 yards with the .38."

Oh yeah, and I would too.

Let this be a warning to all spiders: if you get big enough for me to hit with a .38 at 15 yards, you will be shot by a bullet that weighs as much as you do. Stay small, stay out of sight, but most importantly, stay the fuck away from me!

I am no longer leaving my house without a .50-caliber rifle, plenty of ammo, and a variety of RAID-gas grenades.

And a pistol for shooting myself in the head if I ever come across those massive Japanese hornets, or Kerr's dumbass invention. (I'm morbidly terrified of bees, with them, I'm like: "You do your thing, I'll stay at least 100 yards away.)

gianthornet1.jpg

FUCK THAT! Kill them! Kill them all! WITH FIRE!

I can deal with any bug, except wasps and hornets. I have a pathological fear of them and if I see one I run away screaming "I DON'T WANT TO DIE! KILL IT!". Ever seen a 6'6 300lb guy do that?

As Richard Proyor once said when he was on fire "I did the 100 in 4.3"

If one of them gets into the house, I'll lock myself in a room and stuff a towel under the door till it's dead. But god forbid if I'm home alone, after the running and screaming I'll put on a full Devo suit with multiple weapons (well you never know when one could go flying out of your hand) to go into battle with.

Last edited:
fuck that shit, I?m now going to have to spend some time reading up on very large bombs to get my mind off all these little small things... I mean I grew up in countries with really big scorpions, and spiders the size of puppies, but those things are fucking hardcore...

Did I mention I hate bugs? :|

x2

Fucking hell, I fucking hate fucking bugs.

More accurate description of my feelings.

My brother has a few spiders.

*pic*

It's a bit bigger now ;)

:shock2: I hate spiders too

*shudders*

Ok, I'm done with this thread. I fucking hate spiders more than anything. I went out once with a girl who had a pet tarantula and she asked what I would do if I saw it out of it's cage. My reply, "Probably put two rounds through it at 15 yards with the .38."

Oh yeah, and I would too.

Let this be a warning to all spiders: if you get big enough for me to hit with a .38 at 15 yards, you will be shot by a bullet that weighs as much as you do. Stay small, stay out of sight, but most importantly, stay the fuck away from me!

:lol:

no man, spiders are cool, they eat all the other insects...

but generally speaking, if it?s got more limbs than I do, then please keep it the hell away from me...

Edit: I found this after a bit of Wikipedia boredom. One of these flies...in a person's fucking EYE. JESUS FUCKING GODDAMN ALLAH ON A LUKEWARM CORNDOG, WHAT THE FUCK. Forgive me, I'm drunk, but if I was sober I'd say the same goddamn thing.

The pic on the page for anyone who is brave but lazy (possibly NSFW)
wormeye.jpg

:yucky: OK they scared the crap out of me..........

I'm now off to buy bug spray, a .9mm and a flamethrower.

I like tarantulas because they normally move slowly, but big, fast, non-hairy spiders give me the heebie-jeebies.

Also, Daddy Longlegs look nasty when you take closeup photos of them.

hman1.jpg

(Did I mention I recently got into photomacrotography? I'll post up some big scary bug pics eventually.)

^ I'd neg rep you for that if 1.) I didn't have to spread it around and 2.) if I didn't love you so much.

Seriously, that looks like a terrifying mutated crab of some sort. I'm going to stop eating fresh shellfish for a while. :unsure:

It was the hornets that done it for me, I was reading and watching the vid shaking. Japan is about 6,000 miles away and frankly that ain't far enough.

I think I could've happily lived the rest of my life without seeing that close up of a Daddy Longlegs... why oh why do I keep checking this thread...

Hornets are scary enough as it is, I had one in my car once which was easily the size of my thumb,but at least it wasn?t spraying acid all over the place. I?m definitely never ever going to japan!

Why is this not mentioned yet? :p

Volkswagen-Beetle_4976090.jpg

:sick:

Man I surely am thankful for living in Central Europe where the most dangerous bug gives you a stinging sensation for half an hout. *phew*

Love the picture of the huntsman that gman posted!

FYI they are very common here and certainly not unusual to have one inside the house crawling up the wall or along the ceiling. The one in the pic is pretty typical size although the can get bigger.

They are in fact totally harmless though and most aussies would know that. Still very scary for some reason, i have seen big tough guys run and squeal like a girl upon sight of such a spider.