The 5 Most Horrifying Bugs in the World

We've always called them centipedes, but we didn't know they really were just that. As for spiders, we've always had a problem with big ass wolf spiders because my area is or was mostly farm land. My mom is deathly afraid of spiders so we have an agreement, I'll kill any bug she wants me to and in return she will take care of any wasp that gets in.

My dad and I were both bitten by a brown recluse spider before. He got it on his leg around 95 and I was bitten on my hand around 03. I still carry the mark from it.

I was gonna look for some camel spider pics when I came of this variation. Now I'm gonna put it in a spoiler box, as I don't wanna get any negrep. View on your own risk:
I dare you to touch the picture with your hand.

Oh fuck! That's horrifying!

I have never seen so many women on a forum for gearheads before....

oh come on... big scary bugs arn't bad... it's the little ones that lay eggs that eat your flesh you have to worry about.

Ladies and Gentlemen i give you: Cochliomyia hominivorax or New World Screw Worm Fly

Screw-worm females lay 250-500 eggs in the exposed flesh of warm-blooded animals, including humans, such as in wounds and the navels of newly-born animals. The larvae hatch and burrow into the surrounding tissue as they feed. If the wound is disturbed during this time the larvae burrow or "screw" deeper into the flesh, which is the source of the insect's name. The maggots are capable of causing severe tissue damage or even death to the host. Approximately three to seven days after hatching the larvae fall to the ground to pupate. The pupae reach the adult stage about seven days later. Female screw-worm flies mate four to five days after hatching. The entire life cycle is approximately twenty days. A female can lay up to 3,000 eggs and fly up to 200 km (125 miles) during her life.

images spoilered for the squemish
larve in the wouldn
swf3.jpg

oh look they are growing in his EYE!
6701713f1.jpg
\

ooooo look at all the eggs!
rd199.jpg

gah this one made even me a bit uncomfortable
rd192.jpg

hey look if you live in AU you are safe!!!.... oh wait... sorry wrong map
rd204.jpg

THIS IS REALLLLLY BAD STUFF SO IF SECTION ONE WAS TO MUCH THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU
ooo looks like you got something in your eye there buddy!
case26a.jpg

Yeah we can get that out for you let me just get to it with a swab here
case26b.jpg

OH MAN! thats way bigger than i was expecting GET IT OUT GET IT OUT!
case26c.jpg

Don't worry thats a CM ruler not inches so it's only about 12mm long...
case26.jpg

here is a site that shows all the stages of growth WITH PICTURES

Last edited:
Well, um, I'm off to live in pure solitude. Cya guys

That makes me want go to the coldest place I can find and then sit in a plastic bubble in a hasmat suit.

*does not open any of the spoiler tags*

Just makes me glad that it's about 20 F outside these days.

Props to those here on the forums that live in Australia, this is even more proof that it is the deadliest place on Earth. I'm amazed I was able to live there as long as I did.
:p

holy_shit.jpg

Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. This is the last thing I want to hear about when I'm drunk like this. Why the fuck did I click on this thread anyway? Oh yeah, because I'm fucking morbid, that's why.

Fuck this planet.

Thanks for making me paranoid as fuck. Now instead of grades and cancer and shit I'm gonna end up worrying about fucking FLIES burrowing into my fucking BRAIN, like some sort of fucked up Stephen King novel.

Also, Warwick E. Kerr needs to burn in hell for his contribution to this list. Fuck him. Seriously. What a dyke.

Edit: I found this after a bit of Wikipedia boredom. One of these flies...in a person's fucking EYE. JESUS FUCKING GODDAMN ALLAH ON A LUKEWARM CORNDOG, WHAT THE FUCK. Forgive me, I'm drunk, but if I was sober I'd say the same goddamn thing.

:lol::lol: Funniest post I've read in a long time.

No, I think I got away, but this isn't the first time, I think they made a nest or something. :lol:

*does not open any of the spoiler tags*

Just makes me glad that it's about 20 F outside these days.

Many bugs can survive the cold, some prevent body fluids from freezing while others can actually be frozen without killing vital cells. I think it's a type of spider that can actually be frozen solid throughout the winter and "wake up" when the ice has melted in spring. So, what are you going to do now?

I. Hate. Spiders. Seriously. One just dropped down from the ceiling and landed right next to my laptop. While I was sitting at it. The thing wasn't even a few centimeters across but still, it freaked me the hell out.

What the fuck is wrong with you "men"? They are little tiny teeny weenie itty bitty bugs. Just stomp on the fuckers. My size 14 comes in real handy for that job. It's not like they are little flying stining bombs of death.