The A.I. Revolution (ChatGPT, Stable Diffusion, Bard, MidJourney, etc)

"tech influencers" are already shitting their pants on how amazing they think this is... morons.

oh, fitting conincidence this.

Nobody: ...
Absolutely nobody: ...
Nobody EVER in the history of humankind: ...
AI bro: LOOK AT THIS WE ADAPTED OUR LLM (it's GPT...) TO THIS HERE CHECK VALVE SO YOU CAN TALK TO YOUR VALVE IT'S INCREDIBLE!

... honestly, how delusional are all these people? I don't get it. How do they celebrate completely useless shit like this like the second coming of Christ? why would you put a bloody LANGUAGE MODEL (!!!) on a bloody valve? Yes, digitize the thing, put a sensor to check its status and health and the drive unit and what have you... but why, for the love of all that is holy, would you ever want to TALK TO IT FOR FUCKS SAKE? IT'S A VALVE! I expect it to just work. I expect the digitals to notify me if anything goes wrong - or, ideally, a little ahead of time, and this part MAY be done using "AI" or whatever (or, as it used to be called, pattern recognition), but that's it. ARGHGHASDIBGÜSDUGBNSÜDG

Last edited:
Because AI is the new NFT/Blockchain
It doesn't matter if it's the right use case, tech companies must convince everyone that you HAVE TO use it, pretty please, otherwise they will die a fiery insolvency.
I can't wait for this hype cycle to end but I am not looking forward to the next tech hype.

Yeah, I'm under the impression that where hyped tech in the past at least pretended to solve actual issues we're now way past that. It's just bullshit for bullshit's sake... :| what slightly interests me is whether all those hype bros (why is it always just men?) actually believe their crap or are just in it for the grift.

I read about this earlier, and had to ask why does MS keep trying to make their main product more terrible?

photo_2024-05-23_08-39-48.jpg

Attachments

• photo_2024-05-23_08-38-17.jpg
    photo_2024-05-23_08-38-17.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 10
There was a suggestion at work for an AI text tool, which had apparently been trialled without speaking to IT or any consideration as to where the data was going. Seems like AI is a way to fool mugs into sending off their sensitive data without realising what they're doing. :roll:

the grift is huge though... did anyone follow nvidias numbers yesterday?
1716460358482.png

how do you get ~15b$ of earnings (!) from 26b$ of revenue? how? for anyone keeping score thats a margin of nearly 60%... that should not be possible and is clearly complete insanity. and yet... they're still supply constrained, their shit is sold out for months and months...

Someone at Google thought it was a good idea to train AI on Reddit, they will reap what they sow.