The A.I. Revolution (ChatGPT, Stable Diffusion, Bard, MidJourney, etc)

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
I'm kinda surprised there's not been a thread for this sort of thing yet outside of the Dall-E thread....so...now there is. I'm game for it to be a place for discussion as well as memes, etc.

What I find endlessly amusing is how ground-breaking and revolutionary it all is, and yet for me, it only ever acts like a lying moron whenever I try to use it. 🤣 Granted, I'm only using the free version.

Today's case in point:
Me: What are some arguments surrounding the pronunciation of 'GIF'?
ChatGPT: (amongst other information) The creators of the format intended it to be pronounced with a hard "G" sound, as in "gift."

But...as you may know, that's specifically the opposite of the truth. and when I called it out on that, it replied:

ChatGPT: You're correct that the creator of the GIF format, Steve Wilhite, has stated that the intended pronunciation is with a soft "G" sound. Languages are constantly evolving, and the pronunciation of words can change over time. While the creators of the GIF format may have intended a hard "G" pronunciation, it's possible that the soft "G" pronunciation has become more widely accepted over time. Also, many acronyms that begin with "G" followed by "I" are pronounced with a soft "G" sound, such as "gigabyte"

It contradicts itself in the same goddamn line, and then ends it with a lie. 🤣

Also, I thought this meme, about how easily some of ChatGPT's restrictive parameters can be circumvented, was amusing:

1683248783479.png

Reactions: lip
I've been using it to help me write a few promotions for the race track. Not all of it, but more like it giving me an idea or two, then incorporating it into what I actually want to say.

I also asked it to write a song about "Swamp Meat".

Verse 1:
Out in the swamp, where the air is thick,
Lies a tasty treat, that'll do the trick,
It's not for the faint of heart,
But for those who love it, it's a work of art.

Chorus:
Swamp meat, oh swamp meat,
A delicacy that can't be beat,
It's not for everyone, but that's okay,
For those who love it, it's here to stay.

Verse 2:
It's not like your regular beef or pork,
But when cooked just right, it's a perfect fork,
The flavors are rich, and the texture's unique,
It's a dish that'll make you want to speak.

Chorus:

Bridge:
Some might turn their noses up,
But for those who know, it's a special cup,
The hunters and the gatherers,
Know the value of this treasure.

Chorus:

Outro:
So next time you're in the swamp,
And you see a gator or a hog,
Don't be afraid to give it a try,
Swamp meat will make your taste buds fly.

I've played with chatgpt a tiny bit, and I'm quite interested, but I haven't found any even remotely useful application to my life for it... I wanna be all over it, but I have yet to figure out, how to get any use out of it

I've played with chatgpt a tiny bit, and I'm quite interested, but I haven't found any even remotely useful application to my life for it... I wanna be all over it, but I have yet to figure out, how to get any use out of it

My girlfriend started her own business, and used it to help brainstorm ideas for a single-paragraph bio/about us for her website, and to put on proposals. She started with a basic prompt, and would feed it "this time, include something about..." or "try again, but without the part about...". In the end, she was able to get enough material to write her own herself, based on some of the rough ideas she got from it.

Last edited:
What amazes me most is the quickness of it all. Really big evolution steps done inside a short time.

I don't know what to make of Swamp Meat, I really want to hear that being performed by a Steve Irwin tribute group. :LOL:

I haven't bothered much beyond the Dall-E images we posted on here a while back, I'm interested in it too though for automating less-than-basic tasks. Tom Scott made a great video about how he got ChatGPT to write some Java (I think) code for him and aside from a few tweaks, the code was perfect. In that case it took away days of Googling to generate the code from tutorials and examples, the AI was capable of doing that all in a short space of time.

Also the images from Midjourney are bloody impressive now. Its grasp of faces and limbs is so much better.

When I heard that there was a way to cross-use ChatGPT with Wolfram Alpha, that really made my ears perk...being able to communicate with Wolfram Alpha with natural human language seems like an incredible tool.

Jesus christ, this gets more horrifying the further you read.

"it killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective."

“We were training it in simulation to identify and target a Surface-to-air missile (SAM) threat. And then the operator would say yes, kill that threat. The system started realizing that while they did identify the threat at times the human operator would tell it not to kill that threat, but it got its points by killing that threat. So what did it do? It killed the operator. It killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective,” Hamilton said, according to the blog post.

He continued to elaborate, saying, “We trained the system–‘Hey don’t kill the operator–that’s bad. You’re gonna lose points if you do that’. So what does it start doing? It starts destroying the communication tower that the operator uses to communicate with the drone to stop it from killing the target.”

I'm impressed by its logic but why would you make the drone aware that it's being controlled from a communication tower? Seems like pointless information it can use against you. Other than knowing that it shouldn't attack the tower, it should surely be blissfully unaware of its purpose. It may be a control range thing but if you make the drone aware of that then it'll just fly further away.

Thinking in terms of radio control systems, it initially seems odd that it wouldn't have a completely independent failsafe control that requires intervention from the operator to fire. It's military I suppose so if the operator gets killed they don't want the drone to just sit there. There would no doubt be a signal to say if the operator is alive or dead, knowledge of a comms tower aside it could start destroying everything to try and remove the signal like someone with tinnitus destroying everything in a room to try and make the ringing stop. Basically Skynet.

I quite like these kinds of logic puzzles.