The Amazing Spider-Man

I think I'm gonna get myself down to a cinema soon and this based on what jsausley has to say.

We know Emma isn't MJ, she's Gwen Stacy, Peter's first true love. Dunno why they changed that so bad from the comics canon for the first films. In fact, in that movie scene where Spiderman has to choose between MJ and the falling kids, it should have been Gwen Stacy up there. Shooting a web to save her, he accidentally snaps Gwen's neck (or it was broken by the Green Goblin before hand, either way, Peter blames himself).
The MJ from the comic books is indeed a pretty and superficial red head next door who dates Harry and then dumps him.

I don't think one has to consider the movies canon, or even expect them to follow exactly the story path of the source material... When one reads a comic, the real movie is in our heads, it's silly to want to see the exact same thing on the big screen once again.

We know Emma isn't MJ, she's Gwen Stacy, Peter's first true love. Dunno why they changed that so bad from the comics canon for the first films. In fact, in that movie scene where Spiderman has to choose between MJ and the falling kids, it should have been Gwen Stacy up there. Shooting a web to save her, he accidentally snaps Gwen's neck (or it was broken by the Green Goblin before hand, either way, Peter blames himself).

That's easy. Gwen Stacy's character died in the comic books 30 years ago and well out of the public conciousness except for hard core spider man fans. The same fans who remember Capt America had a sidekick named Bucky. So Sam Raimi's films used MJ in her place since she was current and active in the comics.

I saw it yesterday and I really liked it.

Much better than the old trilogy. The way they treat the characters and the story it's more serious and similar to the comic. There are some things that are still different from the comics but they are not essential for the overal story.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

Far, far better than the previous trilogy. I find myself actually liking the characters instead of simply not caring. Seems like it jumped into things too quickly in a few places, without enough setup, but overall it was pretty good. Doesn't have the same impact, still, as the Batman movies though.

Emma Stone >>>>>>>>>>>> Kirsten Dunst

Agreed on the characters/actors....although I thought the teenage love/awkwardness stuff was a little too much.

Worst fucking film I've seen.

I'd put this in the same category as Batman & Robin, Catwpman, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns and X-Men 3.

Avoid it, avoid it like the fucking plague.

Ever since I saw the first trailer I knew this movie wouldn't be very good. I'll probably watch it when a BRRip comes out just to see if it's really as bad as some people make it seam or if it's still decent.

Went with cousins and stuff, had to see it in 3D as they weren't showing it in normal mode at the time we went....

It was alright. I'd give it... 7 out of 10 for a spidey movie. It's not gonna win a frikken Oscar for the scriptwriting, but it's not the worst movie I've seen by far and away. I'd sit through this movie 10 times rather than once through Titanic, for example.

Yeah, seen it on Saturday, it was good, enjoyable even :D
The 3D shots were a bit annoying in 2D, but all in all it was a good film. I waouldn't want to campare it to the
last SM films, but it was way better. Funnier, better action, more likeable actors IMO.
Let's put it this way, I'm not sorry I spent money to see it.

jedd, why don't you like it that much?

Far too many to mention. I wrote a review for it on my Blog which lists all of my problems with it.

Basically it's a unnecessary reboot, Garfield can't act to save his life, there's far too much emotional cheese, the special effects of the lizard are laughable and worst of all it had characters who behaved nothing like their comic book counterparts.

Far too many to mention. I wrote a review for it on my Blog which lists all of my problems with it.

Basically it's a unnecessary reboot, Garfield can't act to save his life, there's far too much emotional cheese, the special effects of the lizard are laughable and worst of all it had characters who behaved nothing like their comic book counterparts.

I agree with Jedd, this movie was really bad and completely unnecessary.

Saw it last night. While I feel like not enough time has passed since the last Spider-Man movie (do we really need yet another origin story?), it was pretty good. Especially Emma Stone. Fuck... <3