The Android thread

deathrazor

Car(s)
2001 Honda Accord EX V6
I would definitely go with the Optimus One, I only hear good things about it, especially considering the price point.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT
So Verizon put out a minor update for the Droid the other day. One of the features appears to have been a change to make the send button in the gmail app change from a button that says "Send" to an icon of an envelope with an arrow. It took me about 10 seconds to find the send button earlier. That was a stupid change.

Clegko

aka Clegg
Car(s)
2008 Mazda 3i, 1999 Ford Ranger
So Verizon put out a minor update for the Droid the other day. One of the features appears to have been a change to make the send button in the gmail app change from a button that says "Send" to an icon of an envelope with an arrow. It took me about 10 seconds to find the send button earlier. That was a stupid change.
Blame Google, not VZW. I have the same damn icon on my Vanilla N1 and my Evo...

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
So I got accepted in to the Swype Beta at the weekend, and it's so nice to have it back. It's still learning my crooked dialect but so far the only niggle has been the cut/copy/paste box appearing in front of the alternative word selection box when I select a word. A quick tap of the (hardware) back button gets rid though.

rustyknife

After only a week of ownership, I've damaged my HTC Desire HD. It suffered a one (Yes, one) foot drop onto carpet, landing on it's back, which seems to have knocked a connection for the display loose. I now have epic colour banding reminding me of the 8bit colour days.

As I bought it from Handtec in the UK, it's probably going to take forever to get fixed/replaced =( Quite disappointed that such an insignificant knock caused this.

Last edited:

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'10 RX-8 R3, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
After only a week of ownership, I've damaged my HTC Desire HD. It suffered a one (Yes, one) foot drop onto carpet, landing on it's back, which seems to have knocked a connection for the display loose . I now have epic colour banding reminding me of the 8bit colour days.

As I bought it from Handtec in the UK, it's probably going to take forever to get fixed/replaced =( Quite disappointed that such an insignificant knock caused this.
Yeah, my Hero has survived many higher drops onto harder surfaces....

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
After only a week of ownership, I've damaged my HTC Desire HD. It suffered a one (Yes, one) foot drop onto carpet, landing on it's back, which seems to have knocked a connection for the display loose . I now have epic colour banding reminding me of the 8bit colour days.

Shit, I'm going to get some bubble wrap. :(

Hope you can get it sorted soon. :hug:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
2007 Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
There was one batch of Evo 4Gs that had bad glue under the screen, which caused them to unstick. I'd say every product has a bad batch now and again and RustyKnife is the first one I've heard of where this happened.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'10 RX-8 R3, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Not sure when or how this happened, but I suddenly have the 2.2 market features (update all apps and auto-updating) on my 2.1 ROM...

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
The only thing I miss is a client like Friendstream, which displays Facebook and Twitter feeds in one widget (I know about Tweetdeck but it is butt ugly).
Launcher Pro Plus (the paid version of launcher pro) as a Friends widget that shows twitter and facebook updates in the same widget (and allows you to post update to either or both at the same time).

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
2007 Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
That would require the built in twitter and facebook apps to run, which fuck up his address book, as he said.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
What apps does it use, then?
It could very well access facebook and twitter directly, no need for an external app.

It asks for login info (and poll interval) for both, so I don't believe you need to setup the official facebook and twitter app for it to work.

Clegko

aka Clegg
Car(s)
2008 Mazda 3i, 1999 Ford Ranger
Its pretty sad that, just over two years ago, I considered this screen size "Big"

And now I am rocking this...

Such a huge difference!