The Android thread

So the D2G GB update just fizzled away, eh? I'd rather like to have that.

The OTA update rolling out today should address that.

There's an update??? I thought 2.3.5 was nexus s 4g only.

Last edited:
Just got a new cellphone contract with a Galaxy S II, so now I'm diving head first into modern mobiling. BB Storm and no data before.
My little tablet has Android 2.1, but I haven't really utilized any capabilities or apps. Quite excited to see what those little phone things can do.

I really like how Trapster finally works in 3.0 and doesnt produce FORCED CLOSING errors 24/7

I was holding out for the Samsung Galaxy S II until I found out it doesn't have a qHD screen...why oh why?!

The screen is still fucken glorious to behold though. I actually wasn't that impressed with the Sensation's screen when I had the two side-by-side at the store.

Another GSII variant hits the FCC

I am excited about this one. Same size and shape as the global version, uses AT&T bands, and has NFC. It almost seems like it could even be the next Nexus, though I imagine there would have been a lot more in the way of leaks if the next Nexus was in fact this far along. It also probably wouldn't look just like the GSII, even if it were based on it ala the Nexus S. Either way, unlocked bootloader(unless AT&T fucks it up) = GSII + CM = happy happy smib.

Last edited:
The screen is still fucken glorious to behold though. I actually wasn't that impressed with the Sensation's screen when I had the two side-by-side at the store.

I know what you mean. When I put my new Sensation (SuperLCD) next to my old Desire (AMOLED) there is an obvious difference in contrast and colour vibrancy. Once you take away the Desire though, the Sensation still looks really nice.

qHD resolution doesn't mean crap to me if the screen still looks hideous (hello Motorola's Pentile displays) so the lack of it on GSII is no big deal to me.

I know what you mean. When I put my new Sensation (SuperLCD) next to my old Desire (AMOLED) there is an obvious difference in contrast and colour vibrancy. Once you take away the Desire though, the Sensation still looks really nice.

I honestly can't tell whether my dad's Droid Incredible is one of the early production AMOLED models, or if it's a SLCD. In any case, it is not a bad screen.

is anybody else finding swype doesnt play nice with firefox?

I don?t use Firefox much, but I never saw it happen.

is anybody else finding swype doesnt play nice with firefox?
Never have had an issue on my sgs2 with swype in any application.... well aside from me being an idiot and completely misspelling words and expecting swype to know what I meant lol

Can someone teach me how to set up email for an Incredible S for Exchange ActiveSync using the stock email app? The problem, is that the end bit on my email address is different to the address I access the server, i.e.

To get to email on a browser I type in

*****.myschool.com.au

Whereas my email address is

*****@school.com.au

So what do I put in as the domain?

Also, should be noted that I'm using Outlook 2010 (well the online exchange thing anyway).

Last edited:
Can someone teach me how to set up email for an Incredible S using the stock email app? The problem, is that the end bit on my email address is different to the address I access the server, i.e.

*****@myschool.com.au

*****@school.com.au

My HD doesn't want me to use my ISP for the email client... or maybe my ISP doesn't. Either way I get boned.

Can someone teach me how to set up email for an Incredible S for Exchange ActiveSync using the stock email app? The problem, is that the end bit on my email address is different to the address I access the server, i.e.

*****.myschool.com.au

*****@school.com.au

Also, should be noted that I'm using Outlook 2010 (well the online exchange thing anyway).

Your domain can be found by logging into Outlook Web Access, clicking the help icon and choosing "About"

You'll enter the last part of the Mailbox Server name (shown in green from my own OWA about screen) in the domain field on the phone.

http://img198.imageshack.**/img198/6866/domainl.png

Last edited:

qHD resolution doesn't mean crap to me if the screen still looks hideous (hello Motorola's Pentile displays) so the lack of it on GSII is no big deal to me.

I honestly can't tell whether my dad's Droid Incredible is one of the early production AMOLED models, or if it's a SLCD. In any case, it is not a bad screen.

I'm not completely sold on SAMOLED. It looks over-saturated with a greenish-tint to me. While my screen isn't perfect, the extra resolution makes up the difference. And Sense > TouchWiz :p

Sense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TouchWiz

And yes, I've owned both. I've had an HTC Desire, Wildfire and Sensation and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The only thing that TouchWiz had that was better than Sense was the settings toggles in the notification tray and the Sense 3.0 on my Sensation has that now anyway.