The Android thread

It isn't just the beats though. The phone has the dual-core Snapdragon processor clocked to 1.5GHz instead of 1.2 and it has a larger battery. So it actually is a better phone than the regular Sensation.

As for getting a case to cover the beats audio logo, that won't do anything to about that hideous red front speaker those ugly red buttons.

Sorry for the double post.

If they all say beatsAudio, I'll never buy another HTC again.

The "Runnymede", rumoured to be released as the HTC Bass
HTCBass.jpg

It has the beats logo.

Rumoured to also have a 1.5GHz single-core processor, 4.7-inch QVGA display, 768MB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of storage, eight-megapixel main camera, 1.3-megapixel front cam, and Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread with HTC Sense 3.5, which is a version of Sense 3.0 for phones with smaller processor (no 3D animations).

What's the story on the nexus prime?

I'm hoping that Verizon stop being assclowntards and actually permit the sale of the prime to overcome the lack of Samsung Galaxy S2-ness.

What's the story on the nexus prime?

I'm hoping that Verizon stop being assclowntards and actually permit the sale of the prime to overcome the lack of Samsung Galaxy S2-ness.

It's still in the works. October/November is the latest timeframe, to go along with the launch of ICS.

Yup.
Might be my next phone. :mrgreen:

It's still in the works. October/November is the latest timeframe, to go along with the launch of ICS.

ICS! :D I wonder what changes they'll make for it, but seriously. Verizon better have that shit. Tired of the OG droid and I REALLY REAAAAAAAAALLY don't want to get the fucking bionic. It's like middle of the road in terms of tech and features.

Yup.
Might be my next phone. :mrgreen:

Mine too, hopefully.

ICS! :D I wonder what changes they'll make for it, but seriously. Verizon better have that shit. Tired of the OG droid and I REALLY REAAAAAAAAALLY don't want to get the fucking bionic. It's like middle of the road in terms of tech and features.

Bionic's one of the smoothest phones I've seen but you're right, it's kinda come out at a bad time with Nexus Prime around the corner. One can tell that Moto used the delay and retooling to make it absolutely perfect though, save for the pentile display which is totally user preference (but I dislike).

As far as changes go, I don't really know. If it's a Nexus, then no changes from stock ICS. If this wacky "no it's actually a Droid Prime" rumor pans out, it could go one of two ways:

1. Be a device like the OG Droid: Closely developed hand in hand with Google, stock software with one or two "bloatware" apps tops. (The OG Droid came with Amazon MP3 store)

2. Have TouchWiz 4/5 and have more preloaded apps.

I really don't mind option number 2, as TouchWiz brings a lot more to the table than a launcher like GPU accelerated browsing, the notification shade power controls, Motion, etc.

I would actually consider jumping ship to Verizon if the Nexus Prime is all it's rumored to be, including the now-called-into-question 720p screen. Other wise I'll just get an SGS2 and wait for devs to get ICS on it.

I don't get the harping on the Bionic screen. Mine looks perfectly fine. Sure it's not like a top of the line computer monitor with microscopic pixels, but come on, it's a freaking phone. It seems better than the screen on my original droid, so there's not really anything to complain about from my standpoint. Only took one click to root, too.

At some point there HAS to be deminishing returns. :) I had a SAMOLED and a QHD right next to each other, and besides maybe a color difference, they both looked fantastic. And whi;e the SAMOLED was maybe slightly greener/bluer when looking at it side-by-side, once you pulled it away, that effect vanished. I'm immensely happy with my Charge so far...except battery lifed, but that is probably a complaint I'd have with EVERY smart phone.

I have a suspicion most of the harping on the Bionic comes from trying to find reasons to avoid the $300 price, but that's just a suspicion. Of course, I haven't been to an area with 4G to really test it out yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be good there too.

I'm going to wait and see if the rumored non-Verizon N Primes show up.

Reactions: LP
Anyone else having problems with the new Android Marketplace? My Desire is seriously struggling with it...it's glacial, and apps aren't updating properly, even if I do a manual update.

Hmm the new Sensation with the Beats audio is neither very quiet or brilliant... I do like the upgraded specs though. Hopefully it will actually feel more like a dual core device this time around. My experience with my friend's Sensation and Galaxy S II was worlds apart. When the original Sensation drops in price, I might consider getting one if the bootloader gets unlocked. The qHD screen does look really sharp and it feels great in the hand too.

On another note, I don't really like what I'm seeing with Sense 3.5. It looks even more bloated than 3.0!

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems with the new Android Marketplace? My Desire is seriously struggling with it...it's glacial, and apps aren't updating properly, even if I do a manual update.

Yeah, occasionally it does have issues updating and loading the app lists.

I've been trying out voodoo control for a bit now and its not bad. Worth getting if you have a Samsung.