The Android thread

Flashed the new CM7.1 rom for my phone. The people who port CM7 for my phone replaced the normal music apk with the leaked one from ICS. I'm not liking it. Every time it opens, the app has to find my music again and it takes up to 5min to find it all. It's very annoying.
*facepalm* See, that's why I use a bone stock CM7 port. The people who are doing your port are a bit, say, overambitious. Among the many changes in ICS is a new, better media database application. Obviously, ICS's music player is designed to work with that, not with the old media manager, which gives you... side-effects.

Are there functions somewhere on my Droid Charge to do the following:

1) "sound is off" doesn't seem to mean it. It mutes the ringer, but then many apps will still make sound until I turn it off within the app.

2) Is there a hidden option somewhere to keep the display active when it's plugged in? I hate driving around listening to music, and to find out what it is, I have to hit the power button to power up the display, then unlock it. Kind of a pain. My laptop doesn't time-out when it's plugged in...I want this to do the same thing.

For question one, go to settings then sound. Uncheck the silent mode box if there is one to activate the disclosure triangle next to the Volume option. Tap that triangle. From there, you can set the volume for media, ringtones, and notifications, as well as link the notification and ringtone sounds together:

http://img88.imageshack.**/img88/659/screenshot1318406508401.png

A lot of apps sounds fall under the media volume slider.

I'm posting this from the phone so I'll submit it and come back to answer question two.

Question two: I honestly can't find an option...I could have swore its somewhere though. Maybe I'm remembering my Windows Phone Classic devices...all 3 of those had that option

Last edited:
Are there functions somewhere on my Droid Charge to do the following:

1) "sound is off" doesn't seem to mean it. It mutes the ringer, but then many apps will still make sound until I turn it off within the app.

2) Is there a hidden option somewhere to keep the display active when it's plugged in? I hate driving around listening to music, and to find out what it is, I have to hit the power button to power up the display, then unlock it. Kind of a pain. My laptop doesn't time-out when it's plugged in...I want this to do the same thing.

Answer to #2: Have you looked at Settings>Screen? There should be something about keeping the screen active while charging.

Answer to #2: Have you looked at Settings>Screen? There should be something about keeping the screen active while charging.
Not with a 2.3.7 CM7.1, sadly.

It's in debugging, which iirc, is under applications setting.

EDIT: Settings > Applications > Development > Stay awake

Last edited:
*facepalm* See, that's why I use a bone stock CM7 port. The people who are doing your port are a bit, say, overambitious. Among the many changes in ICS is a new, better media database application. Obviously, ICS's music player is designed to work with that, not with the old media manager, which gives you... side-effects.

The problem with getting stock CM7 is that the CM7 team don't officially support my phone. That means my only choices for roms are the CM7 port from these guys or a port of MIUI. I'm just going to stick with Winamp until ICS comes out and i can actually use the new music apk.

The problem with getting stock CM7 is that the CM7 team don't officially support my phone. That means my only choices for roms are the CM7 port from these guys or a port of MIUI. I'm just going to stick with Winamp until ICS comes out and i can actually use the new music apk.
You're on BACKside's rom right now, aren't you?
There seem to be half a dozen different CM7-based roms for your phone, half of which have been updated during the last week. For me it looks like BobZ's rom is a good first try, it looks unmolested and is based on CM7.1 stable, not a nightly. If that does not do the trick, give mrg666's rom a try - I am too lazy to dig through the git changelog, but to me it looks like that's simply the IHO port packaged without any changes.

I got the same problem with my HD2 - there's no official CM7 for it, but an unholy amount of different CM7-based roms. I've found one that's almost stock by now and stick to it.

Last edited:
You're on BACKside's rom right now, aren't you?
There seem to be half a dozen different CM7-based roms for your phone, half of which have been updated during the last week. For me it looks like BobZ's rom is a good first try, it looks unmolested and is based on CM7.1 stable, not a nightly. If that does not do the trick, give mrg666's rom a try - I am too lazy to dig through the git changelog, but to me it looks like that's simply the IHO port packaged without any changes.

I got the same problem with my HD2 - there's no official CM7 for it, but an unholy amount of different CM7-based roms. I've found one that's almost stock by now and stick to it.

Thanks, i didn't pay that much attention to the thread and thought that they were all working on one rom, not each working on their own version. I may give a few others a try but my only real complaint is the music app.

Flashed the new CM7.1 rom for my phone. The people who port CM7 for my phone replaced the normal music apk with the leaked one from ICS. I'm not liking it. Every time it opens, the app has to find my music again and it takes up to 5min to find it all. It's very annoying.
Thanks, i didn't pay that much attention to the thread and thought that they were all working on one rom, not each working on their own version. I may give a few others a try but my only real complaint is the music app.
Freeze the music app with Titanium and install the GB version from the Market, located here.

It seems like one of the guys is developing the codebase for the port while the other six guys "bake" (I think that's the term they use) roms based on the code, each of them altering it, adding and removing stuff as they see fit.

Awesomesauces! I'm hoping for a nice new batch of new tablets to go with said launch, or at least a bit of a price drop on te current ones. :p

Looks like I'm waiting a week.

I finally have joined your ranks. I just managed to successfully put the CM7 Alpha onto my touchpad.

Boy if Android a lot better than webos and iOs.

ICS event will be at 10pm EST on the 18th. Perfect for uninterrupted viewing.

I finally have joined your ranks. I just managed to successfully put the CM7 Alpha onto my touchpad.

Boy if Android a lot better than webos and iOs.

Nice! I might try it when it's a bit more stable. Glad to see that someone here's using it, Aston Martin's having a bit of trouble with his....

ICS event will be at 10pm EST on the 18th. Perfect for uninterrupted viewing.

Awesome, watching that is what I'll be doing on the 18th.

Stability is for squares, my tablet is still running Windows 8 and only occasionally gets the BSOD :p (which is henceforth to be dubbed the Big Screen of Depression since it now only contains a large sad face)

Yes, it actually is a giant emoticon.