The Android thread

It is true though. I would be better IMO if google were to work with all the SoC makers and handset manufacturers to get their builds supported from the outset rather than having them all bid to be the launch partner than have everyone else figure out the new build for themselves.

It is true though. I would be better IMO if google were to work with all the SoC makers and handset manufacturers to get their builds supported from the outset rather than having them all bid to be the launch partner than have everyone else figure out the new build for themselves.

I am not denying it.
What causes me to roll my eyes is that it?s easy enough (in most cases) to root and flash a newer ROM and the fact that it?s the first thing iOS lovers bring up when pointing out flaws in Android, while there are much more important things.
I feel it?s like badmouthing Microsoft because chinese manufacturers roll out cheapo laptops with Windows Vista.

According to HTC, the Sensation XL and Rhyme can sync with iTunes.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I guess it makes it easier for iPhone users to switch to Android.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not. I guess it makes it easier for iPhone users to switch to Android.

That reminds me of podcasts that only have an iTunes subscription...FUCK YOU!

Sure it's a good thing. As long as it doesn't take away any other features, it can only be a net gain :)

It would be great of some other iTunes-compatible devices would be released, I know my siblings would probably switch if they were less expensive than iPods.

I am not denying it.
What causes me to roll my eyes is that it?s easy enough (in most cases) to root and flash a newer ROM and the fact that it?s the first thing iOS lovers bring up when pointing out flaws in Android, while there are much more important things.
I feel it?s like badmouthing Microsoft because chinese manufacturers roll out cheapo laptops with Windows Vista.

The thing is though, while rooting and flashing is getting easier, it's not necessarly easy for the common non techie.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

The thing is though, while rooting and flashing is getting easier, it's not necessarly easy for the common non techie.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

Point taken.
Hey, wasn?t the iPhone the platform aimed at non-techie people? :p

Point taken.
Hey, wasn?t the iPhone the platform aimed at non-techie people? :p

:p Correct, but Google doesn't want to aim for just the techies. Neither do carriers who don't (or didn't until recently) offer iPhone, nor phone makers.

Android is the mobile equivalent to the PC market vs. the Mac market. PC's are typically cheaper thus more popular, but can be more trouble for people to use.

:p Correct, but Google doesn't want to aim for just the techies. Neither do carriers who don't (or didn't until recently) offer iPhone, nor phone makers.

Android is the mobile equivalent to the PC market vs. the Mac market. PC's are typically cheaper thus more popular, but can be more trouble for people to use.

I was just kidding, but I do in fact have a little pride in being capable enough of modding my phone.
On the other hand, I know it?s a business, and therefore I know they need volume.

I was just kidding, but I do in fact have a little pride in being capable enough of modding my phone.
On the other hand, I know it?s a business, and therefore I know they need volume.

I'm the same way lol, no worries. :)

Got myself an Anker Battery for my Desire HD. http://goo.gl/PTtV4 1600mAh compared to the 1200mAh stock HTC, conditioned it (4 full charge/discharge cycles) and I definitely have a longer battery life now, brilliant. They also have one for the Sensation: http://goo.gl/cwxSP Right now, I am 26h into usage since last charge, 1,5h of music playing, took some pictures, chatted a bit, browsed around, was on phone for 20 minutes I guess -> still 28% of battery remaining!

Only downside, no temperature sensor, but meh, I can live without that. The battery actually makes me angry, why didn't HTC include such a battery and gave the Desire HD this pathetic 1200mAh thing that runs out of juice after half a day of heavy usage :/.

That was relevant to my interests, but from the entirely wrong country, so I found it on normal Amazon, but it's better because for less money I get two batteries and a charger. Huzzah!

Coming from my old "dumb" phone (SE w810i) to the Droid Charge, I couldn't believe the battery life. I can't even get 1 day out of it if I forget to turn wifi off. I'm 100% convinced I will be stranded with no power soon. The GPS function was just inaccurate enough in downtown SF to get me all-the-way lost (rather than just somewhat) and then the battery died. This was at 8:30PM after I had it fully-charged at 4:00PM.

The other trouble I'm having is overheating. I've had it freeze charging on me twice. Once at work sitting on my desk, and once while in my cupholder-mounted mount. Both times the only things going on were the screen and the music player. I'm glad I didn't get a silicone/rubber case for it, or else I'd imagine it would be worse! While I'd love a boosted battery, I'd be affraid of one without the temp sensor.

Last edited:
Is your wifi set to turn off when the screen is locked? I have mine do that, and it saves me quite a bit of battery life without having to switch it on and off all the time.

No, but that sounds like a brilliant idea. Hadn't found that option before. However, I just tried it and I'm not sure it works...shouldn't it need to "reconnect"? I locked mine, and then unlocked it a minute later, and it looked like it never disconnected....