The Android thread

WiFi direct is an awesome feature too.

He was saying that they would provide 18 months worth of updates, not that they'd update all the lineup within 18 months.

I'd say the most impressive company in terms of updates is ASUS. They're releasing ICS for the prime ahead of schedule and have other updates pushed on a regular basis.

I remember reading on the Verge that the SE skin has essentially been reduced to a custom app launcher with the new phones, making updates easier to implement. You are right about Asus.

I remember reading on the Verge that the SE skin has essentially been reduced to a custom app launcher with the new phones, making updates easier to implement. You are right about Asus.

Yeah the SE skin is pretty light, there's several other enhancements that can sort of be compared to a Social Hub or Friendstream on steroids like "Xperia Facebook Inside" facebook integration: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/services/facebook-inside/overview?cc=hk&lc=en

It seems like pretty easy stuff to adjust for upgrades though.

Last edited:
Sony Ericsson

Yeah the SE skin is pretty light, there's several other enhancements that can sort of be compared to a Social Hub or Friendstream on steroids like "Xperia Facebook Inside" facebook integration: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/services/facebook-inside/overview?cc=hk&lc=en

It seems like pretty easy stuff to adjust for upgrades though.

Indeed. I'm really hoping Sony now "gets" updates and will push them out in a timely fashion. Being a tad later than the Nexus devices is still better than not doing anything at all.

Only in Japan it's still SE :D

sony-xperiaj.jpg

Honestly, i wouldn't mind getting the Xperia S. Just that i've lately been craving thin phones and well it isn't quite thin :(

I don't get the whole thing about thinness with touchscreen smartphones. After my Nokia N95, every phone I've had since has seemed more than thin enough.

I don't get the whole thing about thinness with touchscreen smartphones. After my Nokia N95, every phone I've had since has seemed more than thin enough.

I concur. I actually don't mind devices like say...the Rezound, as the thicker body makes it easier to hold instead of having to hold it by the fingertips. It's also more likely that you wont accidently drop the thing since you'd have that better grip.

It?s the same thing with this whole "3.5 inches is enough".
NO!
I have a 4 inch screen and can easily place my thumb well over the edges of the screen!
PEOPLE WITH BIG HANDS DESERVE BIGGER PHONES!

Or everyone else should learn to hold it, whatever.

Picking up a pentaband Galaxy Nexus tomorrow morning! So excited!

Thin phones look cool at Cafes.

Well, while the 4.3" Inspire is a bit easier for me to handle than the 4" and much lighter Captivate, the even thinner and lighter than both 4.65" Galaxy Nexus is easiest of the three to handle, and I have fairly small, slightly fat hands. It's about design ergonomics more than thickness.

I've also impressed people with my phone. It's an unassuming, 3.5" screen and the body is kinda thick, but then I slide out the screen and bam! 5-row QWERTY keyboard underneath, and they're amazed at my "handheld laptop". :mrgreen:

I've also impressed people with my phone. It's an unassuming, 3.5" screen and the body is kinda thick, but then I slide out the screen and bam! 5-row QWERTY keyboard underneath, and they're amazed at my "handheld laptop". :mrgreen:

I assume this is when you visit the Amish country?

I assume this is when you visit the Amish country?

I've tried that before in Lancaster....they actually run away in fear...

All I wanted to know was how to get to Bird-In-Hand? :dunno: