The Android thread

Yeah, if you just do a carbon copy of the old card, everything will work just fine. What the card is named doesn't matter as the only thing that matters is that it's on /mnt/sdcard/

It looks terrible imo.

My thoughts, summed up: good thing I went with the One S.

Terrible design (not a looker at the front, and what's with Samsung phones always having ugly glossy plasticky backs?), way too huge (come on, 4.8"? You have a Galaxy Note in your range already, Samsung), and I'm very unsure the software package will work as advertised, it even looked jerky in the ad. Eye tracking and accelerometer gestures (e.g. auto-dial when bringing the phone up to the ear) I think will be problematic... if they can pull if off and it really all works, I'll be very impressed.

On the nicer side, the hardware seems up to the job, and good internal storage options + SD card (and 50GB in Dropbox) as well as NFC are definitely all good things to have. Also, large removable battery in a thin phone - watch and learn, HTC.

I?ll wait a little, but I like it so far...

What were you expecting? More RAM?

Better camera optics and features, i.e slow-mo, time lapse, manual focus etc etc, one x and that new phone from intel allows so much control over the camera.

Then there's the design, awful, screen being only AMOLED, not AMOLED plus (I can notice the difference easily and it hurts my eyes)

Being a quad-core but still using an old architecture (Amercian version of HTC One X will prove my point)...

What surprises me is that it is about 15% heavier than the GSII.

why? it is considerably larger, so 15% doesn't seem to be that much. also, having played with a friends GS2, i have to say it feld weirdly light, even cheap because of that. making it a little heavier is a good thing imo.

Because the general trend has been towards phones getting slimmer and lighter.

The Galaxy S II was larger than the original Galaxy S, but was lighter.

So, enlighten me, people: which has a better processor?

Is that a can of worms being opened that I hear? :lol:

I'm rather partial to Qualcomms. I have an Exynos in my tablet and its okay. My Xoom (soon to be sold) has a Tegra2 and I wasn't very impressed by it. I don't know if Nvidia have improved them with the Tegra3.

Is that a can of worms being opened that I hear? :lol:

I'm rather partial to Qualcomms. I have an Exynos in my tablet and its okay. My Xoom (soon to be sold) has a Tegra2 and I wasn't very impressed by it. I don't know if Nvidia have improved them with the Tegra3.

Well, yes! :D

I am a fan of Sansumg but I am willing to give HTC a try, so I am honestly interested in hearing about those two quad-core options from people who know better than me.

So far, I?ve seen people saying that the Tegra is only better with software made specifically for it. :dunno:

I've only used HTCs with Qualcomm Snapdragon processors. I have no idea what the One X would be like with its Tegra3. My Xoom wasn't as smooth as I would have liked with its Tegra2, but some have suggested that it is the fault of Honeycomb, rather than the processor.

The Galaxy S III also has the best battery of them all, after the II, I see that as a rather strong point. Oh well, there will be a new generation out by the time I am on the market again, anyway. I just hope the Galaxy S II won't be as outdated in two years as my last phone was at the end of its use... but it shouldn't be as bad, these are the first phones that are appreciably better.

The Galaxy S III also has the best battery of them all, after the II, I see that as a rather strong point. Oh well, there will be a new generation out by the time I am on the market again, anyway. I just hope the Galaxy S II won't be as outdated in two years as my last phone was at the end of its use... but it shouldn't be as bad, these are the first phones that are appreciably better.

I am not needing one, but I am torn between waiting for the next Nexus (since the current one honestly left me underwhelmed) and getting and SIII and CM?ing the shit out of it. :p

I am not needing one, but I am torn between waiting for the next Nexus (since the current one honestly left me underwhelmed) and getting and SIII and CM?ing the shit out of it. :p

Arguably, if you're leaning toward teh latter, you might as well get a Nexus. A lot of the cool features about the GS III is in the software. If you replace it with something that's pretty much stock, you'll lose all that. That's one reason why I kinda get annoyed when people say the same thing about the Galaxy Note: Half the good stuff about the damn thing is the Samsung apps that are on it...