The Android thread

I just realised there's no way for me to check that in Sense 5.5... Hmm...

Well, when talking, the screen shuts off, and i don't poo that long that angry birds time in 2 days would take up 45 minutes :)

Yeah that is light useage. I get like 2 - 3ish hours of screen on. Good to know the phone will last that long though.

I'm currently at 16h 48m with 5h 27m screen on (Custom kernel) at 7%. Quite a bit of video today because holidays :p

I just realised there's no way for me to check that in Sense 5.5... Hmm...

I noticed that with my friends One. I thought it was because the rom he was using might be missing it or something.

Last edited:
Don't remember it being there in Sense 4 on my old phone either. Never actually needed it, cause I frankly ever use it when other people want to know.

And I just learned that.

I didn't know I could check that by clicking the "Screen" bar. :|

HTC is introducing a new programme in America called HTC Advantage. It is a commitment to timely upgrades for One range smartphones for at least 2 years after launch, the continuation of HTC Backup and a change to their warranty for the One range so that it includes a free broken screen replacement within the first six months from purchase.

No word yet on whether the programme is to be rolled out to the rest of the world.

Sorry, but it's up to Nvidia to get KitKat compatible drivers and documentation for HTC One X

Last edited:
Damn none of you ever has bluetooth on? Mine's worth around 30%... Dont you guys drive and call at the same time? Or just so little it hardly uses any battery?

I work at home and only ever go out during the day on the weekends. If I just go out for a bit, I don't turn BT on at all.

In other news:

Just 24 hours removed from the announcement of its launch event, we're seeing a full leaked render of the HTC M8 courtesy of @evleaks. If you're thinking it looks a little familiar, then you're absolutely right. Oh, and this particular one is in gold, if you like that sort of thing.

Taking a closer look at what we're seeing, there is a lot that's familiar. Boomsound speakers out front and the same overall design language as the current HTC One. There's nothing wrong with that, since the HTC One is a pretty darn handsome thing. The dual rear cameras we've seen in previous leaks are present and correct, as is a dual-tone LED flash. What lacks still is any actual solid purpose for those dual cameras.

One other interesting design choice this time round looks to be the metal body extending around the sides. Since this render shows the gold color wrapping round the entire device, it'd be safe enough to assume it isn't plastic. For reference, the sides on the current gold HTC One are black and made of plastic. The power button is up top, and the display is showing the same new look Sense we've seen leaked before, complete with on-screen buttons.

We're still over a month away from the launch events in New York and London, and we'll be live on the ground at both.