The Android thread

Am I behind the times still using Astro File Manager?

Not that I actually find myself needing to use it.

Not familiar with Astro, but ES id good. Still i prefer to use Solid Explorer which is great for my needs.

I use solid explorer. It's got several things going for it, like samba, ftp, sftp support and dual pane UI, which makes it easy to transfer files from one location to another.

Solid-Explorer.png

Plus, it looks nicer.

I used to use ES, but once I found solid explorer I never looked back.

I use solid explorer. It's got several things going for it, like samba, ftp, sftp support and dual pane UI, which makes it easy to transfer files from one location to another.

Plus, it looks nicer.

I used to use ES, but once I found solid explorer I never looked back.

That UI is indeed great looking. I'll be making the switch post haste! :)

So it has a digital turbo button? I wonder how much battery time that sucks up? :lol:

I still use Astro too, but I might check out thee other one.

Last edited:
Other than looking shinier is there anything Solid Explorer has over ES? ES hasn't ever not done anything for me

2 pane mode is indeed the big difference, but i'm not really bothered tbf

The mail man came by with this yesterday:

(Sorry for the potato quality)

Pleased with it so far. Everything is just nicer than with my old Galaxy S2.

I was very surprised at how smooth it was to switch phones. Haven't tried to replace a smartphone yet. A few presses of buttons and everything I wanted got transferred or downloaded again on the new device within 30 min.

The duo camera stuff works relatively well IMO but I doubt it's something I'm going to use.

Bastards... Everyone's getting an M8 and I'm just sitting here, masturbating with my old M7.

The mail man came by with this yesterday:

(Sorry for the potato quality)

Pleased with it so far. Everything is just nicer than with my old Galaxy S2.

I was very surprised at how smooth it was to switch phones. Haven't tried to replace a smartphone yet. A few presses of buttons and everything I wanted got transferred or downloaded again on the new device within 30 min.

The duo camera stuff works relatively well IMO but I doubt it's something I'm going to use.

Very nice. My Google Play edition M8 is on back order and will arrive in a couple weeks. Not sure if I'll keep it or auction on ebay yet as I'm still enjoying the Nexus 5. To be determined once I actually try it out.