The Android thread

The US carriers who omitted the feature at launch have already pushed out the update, which includes it. Which firmware version are you on? If 1.12, it'll be missing, you'll have to wait for the 1.54 update.

It would seem that in Australia, you're getting the Asian model with the 2.5 GHz clocked CPU. Could be some issues with that.

It seems to charge a lot more quickly than any of my previous phones as well.

It has Snapdragon's quick charge chip and it'll be even faster once the 2.0A charger is released.

define quick? Mine's slow IMO because it takes around 6 hrs from completely empty to full, slightly quicker on ACpower as opposed to USB
Does last me 3full days though

only makes the charge 30- 40 minutes shorter though... :dunno:

Your charger may be busted. It's supposed to be (and is for me) 3x faster.

I do only use the original charger in the USB drive at work, using a Belkin generic charger at home for AC charging (only because it's twice as long). I know it could make a difference but that much?

This is how my 2300 mAh battery charges in a wall charger:

Screenshot_2014-04-07-20-59-56.png

You do the maths.

yeah, mine doesn't do that (only 1500mAh though). Night mode does help a lot with the charge times, but I've never gotten it full under 5 hrs

Then again, my phone only cost 80? so I'm not THAT bothered..

define quick? Mine's slow IMO because it takes around 6 hrs from completely empty to full, slightly quicker on ACpower as opposed to USB
Does last me 3full days though

depends on the USB though
if i connect it to my laptop at work, it charges faster than with AC power
if i connect it to my laptop at home, a message appears on the phone it's consuming more power than it is supplied and should disconnect the USB...

As much as I hate to admit it, Ice seems right about this one... charging using the original cable and its gone up from 50% to 90% in under an hour....which means that 2 hrs is a full charge roughly, which is exactly three times quicker than I'm used to.... you learn something new every day!

What is it about people hating to agree with me? It happens a lot and everyone always goes "I hate to admit this, but..." :rolleyes:

Because you usually have very strong and unpopular opinions on pretty much everything? Which is why it's weird to be agreeing with you for once?

Soooo...since I switched to CM, my phone dies when the battery reaches 4%.
CM forums are down, so I can't really search there. Any ideas?

Anyway, found a replacement for chrome to phone. It's called Pushbullet and it does everything chrome to phone does, but better. When you copy text, it won't require to open the browser to copy it to clipboard, but it'll be right there in the notification bar. It also has notification mirroring, so you can see notifications in your browser (after you install the essential browser addon for chrome or firefox) and you can send those to other friends or devices that you have paired with your google account through the website.

Get the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pushbullet.android

And get the addons here and here.

The way it works is you get a button in your browser that pops up a window with the content you want to send. It defaults to sending the link of the website you're currently on, but you can also send a note, an address or a list. You can also send files, but that has to be done through the Pushbullet website.

This is also the first app where I've noticed that Kit Kat supports per-app notification bar colouring. Every other app I currently have on my phone uses either full screen, so no notification there, or its standard look, but this one...

I'm really looking forward to this, as before you'd have to rely on a custom rom to do this (Paranoid Android comes to mind), and there it was automatically generated by checking what the dominant colour of the app was and it didn't really work 100% all the time. Neat!

Also, I presume that gradient at the bottom is so you can see the on-screen button more, but since my phone doesn't have them, it just looks weird... might write the dev about it.

Last edited: