The Android thread

i was also looking the onePlus 3 yesterday..
WTF? if i need a flat screen TV, i'll get one of those!
i don't need my phone to double for one

long story short: that thing is waaaaaay to big!!!

I'm really disappointed by onePlus. Every phone so far has had some glaring omission or something wrong with it.

Well, the previous phone had no NFC for some reason. Some people don't use it, but I do quite frequently. There's also been complaints about the screen adhesive being quite temperature sensitive.

Well, the previous phone had no NFC for some reason. Some people don't use it, but I do quite frequently. There's also been complaints about the screen adhesive being quite temperature sensitive.

Yep. Friend's One screen turned a hue of yellow when playing games. The X looks good but you can pick up a 2016 Galaxy A5 for around that. Or a G4.

i was also looking the onePlus 3 yesterday..
WTF? if i need a flat screen TV, i'll get one of those!
i don't need my phone to double for one

long story short: that thing is waaaaaay to big!!!

This seems to be a general trend... Even my beloved Moto G is now only available in 5,5" at the smallest, which is just too big. I need it to fit my pants pocket, and even 5" is a stretch sometimes...

I never want to become this guy :
-font-b-Belt-b-font-font-b-Clip-b-font-Holster-Leather-Mobile-Phone-Cases.jpg

Well, tried my own variation of the paper clip fix, using a key ring clip wedged between the batterie and the batterie cover, and so far, problem gone. Crossing fingers, toes, and everything else I can think off.

My Z3c is in service for the 4th time and I'm considering to replace it, and the P9 is really tempting for me. I played a bit with it in a store and I really like it: looks and feels premium, really fast fingerprint sensor, camera is interesting with the separate B&W sensor and with nice manual controls.

So, I got word back from the shop and as the Z3C is not in stock anymore I will most likely get a refund. I don't really know what to get:
-the Huawei P9 is a really tempting option but a bit big for my taste
-Xperia Z5 Compact, pretty similar to Z3c and after the issues with my Z3c I kinda lost trust in Sony's phones.
-the above are kinda the only Android phones that I would like, so I'm also thinking of switching to the dark side and getting an iPhone 6S

So, I got word back from the shop and as the Z3C is not in stock anymore I will most likely get a refund. I don't really know what to get:
-the Huawei P9 is a really tempting option but a bit big for my taste
-Xperia Z5 Compact, pretty similar to Z3c and after the issues with my Z3c I kinda lost trust in Sony's phones.
-the above are kinda the only Android phones that I would like, so I'm also thinking of switching to the dark side and getting an iPhone 6S

iPhone SE? It's even smaller than the 6...

My Oneplus 3 probably won't ship before June 30th, meaning I won't get it before July 5th :(

Ordered myself a 32GB 5X, seems like a good choice at 300?.

I was really tempted to get one, too... but I got a Huawei P9. I hope I will get used with the size soon, but other than that so far I love it... way nicer than my previous Z3 Compact.

Well, going from my G2 Mini to that one will be a jump. And I don't want to spend a whole lot on a phone, honestly. And this looks like a great balance. I really was tempted by the OnePlus X but I dunno what kind of warranty support they've got.

I'm in a phone holding pattern. Fall can't come soon enough.

I was really tempted to get one, too... but I got a Huawei P9. I hope I will get used with the size soon, but other than that so far I love it... way nicer than my previous Z3 Compact.

Also interested in the P9, you shall report about it in the coming months, please :D
I could possibly be getting a replacement for the Z3C, though I'm happy with it, don't seem to have any problems, for now...

Though I must say, Marshmallow upgrade took away the STAMINA mode and the battery life is sort of worse now.

I'm in a phone holding pattern. Fall can't come soon enough.
Same. I expect to get the Nexus, but by then long-ish term reviews of the OP3 will be out, so it may come down to between them.

Oh Jesus fuck it's got at least one bright white pixel in the middle of the screen. Returning it tomorrow and gonna look for something else. And it seems to be a common problem, god fucking dammit.