The Android thread

And how crap winmo is. All other snapdragon phones will get the Desire HD port too, no worries there.

And how crap winmo is.

*to Samsung Omnia sitting on desk* "Shuhhh, it's ok. The mean person didn't mean what they said...you're not crap at all." :p

TBH, I'm increasingly looking toward getting a Motorola Droid off of eBay, mostly because I have 100 bucks in my paypal account just sitting there due to selling items earlier.

Am I the only one that thinks that the online component of the new Sense sounds idk..a bit meh? It's pretty nice looking UI wise, in typical HTC fashion, but you can do way more with Microsoft's MyPhone online backup service, specifically in the area of backing up the phone. MyPhone backs up nearly everything, while htcsense.com appears to only back up your texts and contacts. Also, charging for "premium" navigation when Google navigation is free sounds a bit odd to me.

It's up already? I keep getting a login request and I don't have the credentials. :dunno:

My dad just got a Droid X. He was complaining of bad connection, so I guided him to Speedtest to see. The test needed Adobe Flash, but he says 'I don't want Flash'. I look at him odd and say 'you need flash if you want to browse'. He repeats 'I do not want Flash on my phone'.

Ooookaaaaay. Am I missing something here?

:lol: There's Apple brainwashing marketing techniques at work.

And how crap winmo is. All other snapdragon phones will get the Desire HD port too, no worries there.

Reading on XDA the Desire HD rom would need a serious diet to fit onto the current Desire.

Yeah, just get him an iPhone and commandeer the Droid X for yourself. Also, there's a speedtest app in the market.

It's up already? I keep getting a login request and I don't have the credentials. :dunno:

Nope, not yet. This is stuff I gleamed from the keynote video and device tours HTC posted on their YouTube channel.

I got it off of eBay.co.uk. Mind you, it is only for the Desire. Other phones won't fit. Well, the Nexus One might fit, but why not just get the Nexus One dock instead?

I also have a Desire

Get a cheap-ass Amazon model. It's what I use, and it's not too horrible.

I might do that, since I'm not going to use it that often anyway

Anyone else installed psx4droid ?

My Desire is pretty crappy when it comes to gaming, still gets reasonable fps playing playstation1 games

Last edited:
I'm in love with the new Desire HD... If I can get a good deal when the contract on my Hero ends in december I'll probably pick up one of those.

Anyone know if there's an extended life battery for the original moto droid that doesn't look like a tumor on the back of the phone?

Can't be done. More capacity = more power cells = larger battery.

You're telling me they haven't been able to advance battery technology at all in the year since it was released?

Nope, still on Lithium-Ion polymers. Gonna be a few years untill we see fuel-cells this small.

And yet I can buy a rechargeable AA battery with 2600mAh, twice my droids' 1300mAh. Hurrah. <_<

And yes, I realize the voltage difference throws that off.

Last edited:
Which wouldn't be even able to turn the screen on, cause it produces only 1.2 Volts, when your phone needs 3x as much.

Your phone's battery: 1400 mAh x 3.7V = 5.18W
2600 mAh battery = 2600 mAh x 1.2V = 3.12W

;)

Last edited:
You're telling me they haven't been able to advance battery technology at all in the year since it was released?

I can't tell, is that sarcasm? Because battery technology seems to be, to me at least, one of the slowest advancing fields in all of tech.

I can't tell, is that sarcasm? Because battery technology seems to be, to me at least, one of the slowest advancing fields in all of tech.

Pseudosarcasm. I understand how ridiculous working on batteries is, but at the same time I'm surprised we're still advancing so slowly. Batteries, to me, seem to be the number one thing holding us back from a technological standpoint. Imagine all the things we could finally do, the places we could finally send things to collect data and whatever else would result from batteries that could power something for a good long time.

Batteries, to me, seem to be the number one thing holding us back from a technological standpoint.

That's so true. I mean something like the iPad or some netbooks get pretty good battery life but that's the designers bending over backwards and tweaking the hardware endlessly just for a bit more juice... what we need are new battery technologies.

Rumours about fuel cells in mobile phones were all the rage 3-4 years ago, but have since completely disappeared. :S

Rumours about fuel cells in mobile phones were all the rage 3-4 years ago, but have since completely disappeared. :S

Fuel Cells just sounds like a dangerous idea. I know lithium ion batteries are pretty risky too *glances at extended length Dell battery under his palms* but with the way phones are handled (dropped, thrown, etc..) maybe they couldn't figure out a good way to package them?