The Android thread

When the Desire is out, you'll be able to port Sense UI onto it, that'll prove even better.

Can you port your old number over once the iPhone contract runs out, or are you stuck with this one.
I wasn't really attached to my old number. Most everyone calls my Google Voice number, so meh.

Google Goggles Image Search and OCR Translation (MWC10)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFSNy9FGqA&feature=player_embedded&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, that's a few levels of awesome.

Damn you Google, I want a Nexus One.

Google Goggles Image Search and OCR Translation (MWC10)

Wow, that's a few levels of awesome.

Damn you Google, I want a Nexus One.

It's a neat program for sure, but I find in practice it doesn't work quite so well.

Well, I guess it needs a little polishing before release, but the concept is great.

A danish "talks person" (Is it calld that?) from HTC has just comfirmed 2.1 comming to HTC Hero 1. April.

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS THE OFFICIAL DATE!

:tumbleweed:

^spokesperson but you're pretty damn close.

Should have just said asshat PR guy

^I knew that! :D

:rolleyes:

So...Android is looking a bit tempting seeing that WM7's multitasking might be a bit limited. Are any of you ex-win mo users? How have you adjusted to the OS? What things do you wish were more Win Mo like, and/or feel like Android does better?

I just need some general thoughts lol.

My phone is dying. Would you guys wait for the Nexus One (not officially available here, probably in a few months. Buying from an unofficial seller makes me uncomfortable) or would you go for a Motorola Droid? I will buy it without a contract, so the price is about the same.

^I'd wait for the Nexus One personally.

I switched from winmo to Android and got used to it within a few days. Immediately saw it was far better, though.

So...Android is looking a bit tempting seeing that WM7's multitasking might be a bit limited. Are any of you ex-win mo users? How have you adjusted to the OS? What things do you wish were more Win Mo like, and/or feel like Android does better?

I just need some general thoughts lol.

I was using WinMo earlier, no problem adjusting whatsoever. For all the software I used I found decent replacements, and quite a lot of new stuff as well. Interface and user interaction are just plain better, so is the stability and responsiveness.

That confirms my thoughts of the new version: Marvin is supposed to be tall and gray, not short and white, and Zaphod's heads are supposed to sit next to each other!

After seeing pics I've decided that I most definitely want the HTC Legend when it comes stateside. However much it costs.