The Android thread

Everything I've seen on the X10 says that despite it's hardware, it's performance is nothing to write home about. So unless you plan on getting an Android port from xda or something, I'd say you should at the very least wait till you can get a decent hands-on before spending the money/selling your soul.

Yeah, gotta wait for SE to release that Android update. Hopefully that'll fix a lot of the performance issues.

So....Firefox for Android is now available in beta form, anyone given it a go?

Going to get it now, but apparently it's optimized for the Droid and a bit iffy in the N1. We'll see.

Someone on Android central posted up a Moment running 2.1 from Overland Park KS, which I assume is a Sprint employee. Sounds like I should be expecting it in the coming weeks, but the wait is killing me slowly inside.

New Moment owner. :clap:

I went from the last-gen BB Curve, and honestly, I'll never go back to a BB again.

:yucky:

I support a Blackberry app at work so we have a few different kinds for testing, I don't like them at all.

Last edited:
My personal feeling is that unless you do a lot of work stuff, there's no reason to buy a blackberry.

New Moment owner. :clap:

I went from the last-gen BB Curve, and honestly, I'll never go back to a BB again.

Nice. Be happy you got the first gen Moment. The second gen model is completely ruined thanks to Samsung's silly "TouchWiz on everything" mandates.

Didn't even work a little, and doesn't show up in my applications at all. I'm going to have to root my phone just go delete it.

There are roumors circulating that a myTouch 3G (HTC Magic) with a hardware keyboard is coming soon.

That's the one I posted the other day...the myTouch Slide. All late and shit.

I don't know what all the beef is, though, I can type just as fast on the screen keyboard as I can on the blackberry. *shrug*

I think I've narrowed my phone choices down to the Milestone (Droid) and X10. Gonna go see if I can find some deals on them anywhere.

^It kind of depends on whether you want a physical keyboard or not.
Availability is an issue too ofcourse.

I don't know what all the beef is, though, I can type just as fast on the screen keyboard as I can on the blackberry. *shrug*

I find that I tend to type faster with an on-screen keyboard.

I absolutely cannot type on an on-screen keyboard. My girlfriend's iPhone irritates me to no end when I have to type on it, and I have no idea how she does it. It's why I opted for a Moment; the only Sprint Android phone with a hardware keyboard.