The Android thread

They're gonna release the Moment 2 soon. The original one should be getting 2.1 in a month or two as well \o/

I absolutely cannot type on an on-screen keyboard. My girlfriend's iPhone irritates me to no end when I have to type on it, and I have no idea how she does it. It's why I opted for a Moment; the only Sprint Android phone with a hardware keyboard.

Touchscreen keyboards are only a matter of getting used to them. I hardly miss buttons.

I have no problem typing on my Hero, but I do hate how the keyboard eats 3/4 of the screen (or all of it in landscape).

In an instant message conversation I like to see incoming messages as I type. Same goes for SMS, to a lesser extent. Plus in the web browser it's a bit easier to follow fields in a form if you can see them all at once. Not a deal-breaker, just an annoyance.

that would just inflate the problem ;) I like my PDAs pocket-size, thank you.

Choose your lesser evil, then.

Or get those pants with the ipad sized pocket. :p

I cant use virtual keyboards, mostly due to my large hands with sausage fingers. I think iphones and androids without physical keyboards must be built for people with spidery fingers.

My fingers are quite chunky, but I can type on my iPod Touch just fine. :dunno:

You probably just need to get used to any on-screen keyboard.

My friend has big sausage fingers and flies on the virtual keyboard on his Droid.

^I had to get used to the keyboard on my Hero too, but after a month it was fine. I type as fast as I did on my other phones now.

Does anyone know if the virtual keyboard is any better on 2.1 versus 1.5? Maybe the Moments screen isnt very sensitive because I have difficulty pressing links if there is a tight group of them without zooming in. I also want to get a bigger battery, anyone know of a reputable place to purchase maybe a 1500mAh or bigger one?

I've only used 2.1, but I use Better Keyboard, which is better than the stock one.

^Swipe is very good too, it has been posted here. But it takes some getting used to

I used Swype for a while but then I switched back, it was neat, but in the end, not any faster for me.

I wanted to try Swype, but it wouldn't work right and I didn't feel like trying to get it to.

Finally. The proper way to use an iPhone :lol:

I think one bought the wrong phone, getting an iPhone and hoping for the Android OS. :p </sarcasm>

I almost wish I could get OS 4.0 to work well on like a HTC Evo. I think it is a better handset than the iPhone, but you can't argue with the app load and ease of use of Apple. Or like running a macbook with windows, what if I could decide on bootup which OS to use, that would be the tits.