The Android thread

Milestone is just the European Droid.

As for the Android OS, there are almost always context menus if you hold down on an item or press the menu button.

Has anyone tried out my game? It's pretty good for what it is I think, try to beat the AI, haven't found any big faults with it so far, although I'm not that great at it.
Would really like some feedback.

CBA you find your old post, but I am bored and have a bit of time. Link me!

http://www.appbrain.com/app/lt.joru.connectfive or search android market for Connect Five.

QR Code:
img.php

It's my first app, made mostly to learn Android. Currently trying to think of some new and more original stuff to do next.

It's currently burried in a heap of rice after being towelled, vacuumed and hairdryed for 2 hours. Will know tomorrow.

It's currently burried in a heap of rice after being towelled, vacuumed and hairdryed for 2 hours. Will know tomorrow.

Doesn?t the battery has some kind of indicator for water damage?

Yeah, it's pink, not white as it was supposed to be. Hey, I did spend about 2 minutes in the water before noticing. I hope the leather pouch prevented it from getting completely soaked.

Shit.
Seems you will need at least a new battery.

Well, I turned it on before sinking it into the rice and it works... Dunno about battery life, though, will do a proper diagnostic tomorrow or when I'm convinced there's no moisture inside anymore.

Well, I turned it on before sinking it into the rice and it works... Dunno about battery life, though, will do a proper diagnostic tomorrow or when I'm convinced there's no moisture inside anymore.

I'd give it 24hrs in the rice and heat. When I left my iPhone in the wash it ran just fine after that (battery and all).

OK (correct me if I'm wrong), but I realize that Froyo ROMs/builds have been out for the Motorola Droid. However, I have a Motorola Milestone (don't ask why), does anyone know if there is any possible way to get Froyo on the Milestone?

I remember reading on Droidforums that the bootloader had not been cracked yet, but was wondering if that hurdle had been overcome yet.

Thanks for all the help.

[EDIT] Nvm, found out that it can be rooted but custom ROMs are a no-no.

Milestone will get its Froyo update along with the Droid from what I read. Patience...

Well, the rice seems to be working. 3 hours in the pile and there's only a tiny speck of condensation left under the screen. I'll leave it in til tomorrow, then put it out in the sun for a few hours (if it doesn't rain like forecasted).

In these past few hours I've actually realised how dependent I've become of my phone for all sorts of things.

For someone who doesn't quite know the difference between custom roms and roots, is there a guide or can someone just explain the difference.

Shit.
Seems you will need at least a new battery.

Not necessarily, that damage indicator usually just detects if water has been in the case, not if it has actually done anything (they use it to determine warranty repairs).

It seems to be kaput. Halts at HTC boot screen. Will take it to the shop tomorrow. Bye, bye, warranty. :(