The Android thread

Yes. I only have 512MB for OS and apps.

Is that total internal storage for the Desire?

If not, couldn't you use a thingie (forgot what its called) to re-partition it?

If the need arrises, I'll just do the SD card trick mentioned before. A lot safer than messing around with system partitions.

K, the G2 by HTC (first HTC slider phone since the G1, the phone that basically started everything) is coming out soon and I bet some of you are wondering how it will compare to the current line up. The interesting fact is, that while only sporting an 800 MHz processor, it is an upgraded version of the Snapdragon chipset, codenamed MSM7230. Now, the MSM7230 has a bit of an ace up its sleeve. While the current generation Snapdragons (Desire, Nexus One, EVO 4G, Incredible, etc) have an Adrino 200 gpu, this has an Adrino 205. It maybe only 5 more, but in reality it packs... wait for it... 4x the power.

If this shows to be true in benchmarks and if they have boosted the I/O ram speed for the new generation of phones, this could easily be the new fastest Android phone on the market, just nudging it above the Galaxy S series of phones.

Good news, everyone! :)

Last edited:
Coupled with the G2's 800 MHz cpu, but we'll have to see some benchmarks to be sure. I can't wait for the Desire HD, which will supposedly have the 1.3 GHz version.

Yeah, the Desire HD sounds like it's going to be a hell of a device and perhaps my first foray into Android hardware.

Sorry for double posting, but it's Star Wars related so I think you all understand.

If anyone is interested you can grab the LWPs from the Droid 2 R2 edition from here. They are all static on my phone (g-sensor doesn't seem to work) but I'm not too bothered since they look pretty crudely done.

Last edited:
K, the G2 by HTC (first HTC slider phone since the G1, the phone that basically started everything) is coming out soon and I bet some of you are wondering how it will compare to the current line up. The interesting fact is, that while only sporting an 800 MHz processor, it is an upgraded version of the Snapdragon chipset, codenamed MSM7230. Now, the MSM7230 has a bit of an ace up its sleeve. While the current generation Snapdragons (Desire, Nexus One, EVO 4G, Incredible, etc) have an Adrino 200 gpu, this has an Adrino 205. It maybe only 5 more, but in reality it packs... wait for it... 4x the power.

If this shows to be true in benchmarks and if they have boosted the I/O ram speed for the new generation of phones, this could easily be the new fastest Android phone on the market, just nudging it above the Galaxy S series of phones.

Good news, everyone! :)

I considered waiting for the G2 rather than getting a Vibrant, but...

It just... put me off, somehow. I don't think it's going to be a very good device.

That is really awesome about the G2. If it supported AT&T 3G I'd probably look into picking one up. Then again, I really would like to hold out for bluetooth 4.0 in something with the magnificent 4.3" SAMOLED screen.

Remember though the Galaxy S doesn't have 2.2 yet so it'll probably be miles ahead of the G2 once it gets Froyo.

The Samsung Pad is slated to receive the Gingerbread update, which is said to incorporate a huge UI improvement (done by the same company that brought you the funky 3D gallery on the Nexus One), which I think would be an appropriate UI for a tablet. So for now, it'll be just a huge phone-less Android phone, but later in the year (is it?), it'll grow up to be a proper tablet.

So for now, it'll be just a huge phone-less Android phone ...
It's not phoneless, you can use a headset or a Bluetooth handsfree to make calls with it. Not sure why they've done that (as with a few other things about it, to be honest...), but the feature is there.

So does anyone have a link for flash on Android? I can't find it in marketplace, and when I try to go to the download site on my phone it doesn't work either.

What phone do you have and what version of Android are you running? Also, do you have root?