The Android thread

Official 2.3.3 :p

Although GB and PowerAmp don't get along, certain situations involving PowerAmp cause my phone to reboot...

Although GB and PowerAmp don't get along, certain situations involving PowerAmp cause my phone to reboot...

PowerAmp has issues with gb? I didn't know that.

Got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" today. Let the costumization begin! I'm thinking root and Cyanogenmod. Maybe even some alpha honeycomb.

^What are your first impressions? And why did you go for a 7" tablet instead of a 10" with Honeycomb (just curious :))

It was free with new IPTV. I called and asked to upgrade to the 10.1v, but they had no idea what that even was. :rolleyes:

The graphics are VERY fast, but it does suffer from the lack of two cores. I/O isn't up there either, but otherwise, quite nice. Sturdy and responsive.

That's a very good reason :p
Good luck with it :) I tried the 10.1v last week and while it was a very good experience I did find it a tad too expensive, hence I ordered a Transformer, but with the high demand it won't arrive before the end of the month.

Do you use the lockscreen widget?

Some questions from a n00b here:

I'm planning to get an Android phone soon, but don't want to spend too much, so I'll be getting a fairly old model device (Xperia X10 Mini Pro is the one I'm considering). It is upgradeable to Android 2.1, because Sony are bastards and have refused to support further upgrades. They may be bastards, but they are still better than Apple...

I've read that 2.2 is times faster than the 2.1, but since I've never had any Android - is the 2.1 really slow, and will it bother me at all?

(there are hacks to upgrade to 2.2 and even 2.3 but at this point I really don't want to mess with stuff like this)

Don't get a Sony. Anything but Sony! Get a used Nexus One or something similar. :cry:

Really? Why not?

I'm still using ye olde faithful W550i which at the time of release (2005 I think) was amazing, and even today the only thing I'm missing is wi-fi and decent browsing.

I'm done with Apple and their shenanigans. I like Nokia, but I'm not a fan of Symbian or resistive displays. I have an unexplained dislike for HTC, and they also tend to be hit and miss with certain models.

The only gripe I have with HTC is that they're low on internal memory, but everything else about them rocks. Your dislike is quite irrational. :p But seriously... Sony is the worst brand of Android phone you could get.

I have issues with PowerAmp and GB too. Sometimes, Poweramp freezes and doesn't react to any button presses, or it just keeps playing after headset disconnect. The thing annoying me the most however is the problem between Google Navigation and Poweramp: Whenever Poweramp is playing and a navigation voice message comes, it mutes Poweramp but also reduces the navigation volume to barely audible. If the navigation message is long, sometimes it returns to normal volume. Using the original media player, it works, but the voice is all distorted and crackling......don't know what's wrong there, but it seems many people have this issue:

http://powerampapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1387

Right now, Navigation & PowerAmp are an unusable combination for me :(