The Android thread

Which isn't as good as PowerAmp (but reportedly has some issues in Gingerbread :()

Winamp has actually served my needs well, so I've been very happy with it :)

Which isn't as good as PowerAmp (but reportedly has some issues in Gingerbread :()

I haven?t seen anything wrong yet with PowerAmp.
*knock on wood*

Pocketnow said:
Yesterday we told you that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Motorola Atrix 4G would probably coming soon, in July, and it would bring many new features together with the latest version of the Google Mobile platform.

BriefMobile, who got initial hands on with the leaked ROM, now reports that the update will not only bring the above mentioned but it would allegedly also grant you an unlocked bootloader. Motorola promised unlocked bootloaders for Android smartphones in late 2011 for new devices and hopefully retroactively as much as possible for existing ones.

The leaked Gingerbread update reportedly allows the "fastboot oem unlock" command to be executed and from there on it's unlocking time! Check out the (blurry) video below to see some action we know you'll love!

Amen to that...can't wait to start digging into Android market. A nice media player, some games, get the navigation sorted... and stuff like that... Good times are ahead I think :)

Try an app called Grindr. :thumbup:

:shifty:

Swype was being a bitch again, kept saying old version, even after update.
You have to uninstall then reinstall.

This version has a horizontal word selection, which in total takes up 2/3rds of the screen but I like it.

Last edited:
See, I think it's the opposite. I have an N8 and absolutely adore the hardware, but Symbian is so weak compared to Android or iOS.

I have 5800XM so the hardware does make it bad :D
if only it would have more thant 80MB mem + qwerty, i'd use it untill it dies horribly.
Now i just use it untill it dies :D

Swype was being a bitch again, kept saying old version, even after update.
You have to uninstall then reinstall.

This version has a horizontal word selection, which in total takes up 2/3rds of the screen but I like it.

It tells you to uninstall first, silly goose. Also, I'm quite liking the new version, it's more accurate and the horizontal word selection is way better IMO. Odd thing though is that it still has a popup when long pressing a key, and it only has 4 options per page instead of 8.

HELP!!111one

Srsly though, I learned about tethering via USB and went to work. I connected the phone, didn't switch the USB storage thingy on, went into the Wireless menus, turned Tethering on and my Win7 detected a Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device. Good so far. I got the message that a new network has been recognised and I'd like to label it a Home network, like my normal internet connection.

So now the problem is, that the computer refuses to share the internet line with my phone. I can't get rid of my phone network connection naggin about not having network access. I did succed a couple of times ( dunno how ), both networks reported to have internet and network access, but the phone wouldn't go online, kept saying there was no data connection..

Pics to make it easier for you.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/06/24/dfghva.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/06/24/dfgsfjhdfjhfgjhva.png

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/06/24/dfrzhfgjhva.png

Doesn't USB tethering only work the other way around? I've never heard of tethering internet to the phone. My understanding is that it's for tethering from the phone's data connection to the PC. Android would have to support USB networking which I'm not sure it does.

Oh crap...you're saying that the only thing wrong right now is my direction? It only give the pc internet from the phone, not vica versa?

I can't say for sure but I've never heard of anyone even attempting what you are doing.

I can't say for sure but I've never heard of anyone even attempting what you are doing.

Oddly enough, I think my WinMo phone was able to use the internet connection from the PC. Wouldn't surprise me as both the phone (Omnia i910) and OS (Win Mo) were literally "everything including the kitchen sink" products. :p

Is there a way to get Eclair back onto your phone? I'm sick of the phone having all sorts of problems now with the upgrade to CM7 and Gingerbread.

On my phone, I would either load my backup (you did make a backup, right? :p) or grab the update from Sprint/HTC. But CM7 works great for me, so I won't.

How did you update to Eclair originally? I think you can just run that install again.