The Android thread

I'm still using Swype, but i'm not really Swyping anymore. For some reason i'm using it like a normal keyboard.

I'm still using Swype, but i'm not really Swyping anymore. For some reason i'm using it like a normal keyboard.

Does Swype still not do "pop up" keys when typing normally? That's something that always annoyed me when I used it. That and the fact that it saves whatever you type manually into it's auto correct list...I figure if i make a mistake typing stuff in, it'll try to correct to that when I'd swype.

Unless you make the mistake often, and ignore it's suggestions, it will only add new words if you tell it to. the popup has gone away, it now puts the suggestions horizontally above the keys like most others.

2.3.4 on my SGS2 has noticeably improved the battery life, and Talk Video chat is fun, albeit useless (all video chat is useless on a phone for me as I have zero need for it)

Oh yeah? I didn't even know there was a 2.3.4 update, I'm going to look into it tonight.

Since getting a data plan I've realized how much battery it kills. It still lasts me a day on the latest 2.3.3 update, but only a turd would complain about added battery life.

Ha, me too. I realized sometime ago that I wasn't even using it properly anymore. I just switched to the Gingerbread keyboard which is great, even in the modded versions that come on my devices.

Last edited:
Unless you make the mistake often, and ignore it's suggestions, it will only add new words if you tell it to. the popup has gone away, it now puts the suggestions horizontally above the keys like most others.

I mean when you tap a key on the keyboard and the letter pops up above your finger as a cue that you hit the right one :lol:

Those extended battery packs for the Droid 2.... worth it with the added bulk?

So far I am very pleased with my Asus Transformer, the tablet itself is smooth with only a hint of lagg when you have a lot of cpu intensive programs running. The browsing experience is very good and the dock adds a lot of functionality for both web browsing and other things (glad that Polaris Office is on it), the camera sucks to be honest. But I didn't expect anything else, don't care either. Oh and I love the texture on the back, feels really good in the hand.

Downloading N.O.V.A. 2 HD, hope it's worth the $7. Then again, I never really play any game for very long, so It'll end up being a waste. Still, I want to see what it's like.

I had the first one and wasn't that impressed - Just found playing FPS on such a small screen difficult.

I know what you mean about game purchases though. I've bought a number of games like X-plane, ashphalt 6 and grand prix story, and you only play them for so long before you get bored. The only game I constantly play these days is Doodlejump because its a good timewaster.

Yeah, NOVA looks nice, great even, but touch screen FPS on tiny screen is lame. Oh well.

So far I am very pleased with my Asus Transformer, the tablet itself is smooth with only a hint of lagg when you have a lot of cpu intensive programs running. The browsing experience is very good and the dock adds a lot of functionality for both web browsing and other things (glad that Polaris Office is on it), the camera sucks to be honest. But I didn't expect anything else, don't care either. Oh and I love the texture on the back, feels really good in the hand.

What is the transformer's battery life like?

Anyone got the new market update yet?

Last edited:
I had a chance to play with the Sensation 4G and I have to say I was disappointed. The homescreen navigation was slow and clunky, and so was the app drawer. I did like the weather animations on the lock screen was pretty nice, but completely unnecessary. I suppose demo models aren't usually known for being the most well optimized, but the G2X and Vibrant that were beside it were flying in comparison. The G2X, even with Froyo, was fantastically smooth!

What is the transformer's battery life like?

Anyone got the new market update yet?

The first day it didn't go out of my hands, I did lots of HD gaming, browsing, just scrolling through the OS, watching 720p video,... and I got about 6 hours before I decided to plug in the keyboard. It hadn't run completely out of battery yet. I'd say the keyboard adds another 4-5 hours of intensive useage. With just browsing, doing random stuff and only a small bit of gaming I'm sure you can get 15-16 hours combined.

I am really fond of 2 games in particular, Pocket Legends (MMORPG, which works suprisingly well on a tablet) and Galaxy On Fire 2 (Tegra Zone's EVE-esque RPG)
Dungeon Defenders looks gorgeous but I don't like the gameplay.

Last edited:

same problem , its like a normal keyboard now , i swype but only the line that follows ur finger shows , words arent typed anymore

I had a chance to play with the Sensation 4G and I have to say I was disappointed. The homescreen navigation was slow and clunky, and so was the app drawer. I did like the weather animations on the lock screen was pretty nice, but completely unnecessary. I suppose demo models aren't usually known for being the most well optimized, but the G2X and Vibrant that were beside it were flying in comparison. The G2X, even with Froyo, was fantastically smooth!
The Sensation 4G hasn't received the update yet to bring it to the same version of Sense as the Evo 3D and European Sensation. When it does, it'll be smooth, ask Adu.

Anyway!

A Motorola Xoom for $399? Woot, indeed!

http://www.woot.com/sale/motorola-x...ily+Digest+-+20110713+-+Woot&utm_medium=email

As Ice said, there is a recent update that greatly improves the UI performance of the Sensation.

I have the new market, and while some changes are for the better, I don't think I like it overall.

Being in Bananaland, I have no access to books and movies, so the Market update kinda sucked for me.