The Android thread

My Desire used to do that. I had to take it back for repairs.

because I'm big thumbed, I approve of the 4.5 + superphones. :D

I wish The Early Edition would come to Android. Pulse is nice, but I think I'd prefer that.

I'm using a 4.3" Sensation and I can't imagine using anything bigger on an every day basis.

Tossing up if I should get a Sensation or a Samsung GSII. Thoughts?

Tossing up if I should get a Sensation or a Samsung GSII. Thoughts?

I like the Galaxy S II for the software and display. The Sensation probably has the better build if you like "heavier" feeling handsets.

Both are great choices, and one can't really go wrong with either.

I really hope that the Android port comes out in time for Ice Cream Sandwich, because that OS looks awesome.

Do you prefer Sense or choice?

Fixt. Sure, the sensation has been unlocked, but it's either unofficial or requires you to follow HTC's convoluted process that probbaly makes them aware that you are voiding your warranty. Samsung has embraced the modding community and the GSII is full unlocked from them, no voiding warranties

So, this will be my first smartphone...My first phone was a Sony Ericsson w810i...which I still use. o_O However, it is dying.

Is there a reason I shouldn't go with this deal and switch from AT&T to Verizon?

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-DROID-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B004XD1S4M/

Samsung Droid Charge for $0.01 w/ 2 year.

I've spent the last 3 hours rummaging through a mess of threads, but I couldn't come up with any conclusions when taking in to consideration that the phone is free. Sure there are better phones, but they seem to be $250-$300.

Last edited:
So, this will be my first smartphone...My first phone was a Sony Ericsson w810i...which I still use. o_O However, it is dying.

Is there a reason I shouldn't go with this deal and switch from AT&T to Verizon?

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-DROID-Android-Verizon-Wireless/dp/B004XD1S4M/

Samsung Droid Charge for $0.01 w/ 2 year.

I've spent the last 3 hours rummaging through a mess of threads, but I couldn't come up with any conclusions when taking in to consideration that the phone is free. Sure there are better phones, but they seem to be $250-$300.

The charge is the best lte device on verizon so far in terms of how "well rounded" it is. The amazon deal is a penny cause you'll have two etfs, one from vzw and one from amazon since they're subsidizing the phone's cost further.

Sorry...etf?

Does the phone have any huge/obvious deal-breakers for a casual user?

Sorry...etf?

Does the phone have any huge/obvious deal-breakers for a casual user?

Etf = early termination fee.

Some might say that the charge can be sluggish occasionally: that's due to the rfs file system samsung used on their galaxy s 1 line of handsets. That's an easy fix though, and is well documented in forums.

Beyond that, the screen is great, it appears to be less buggy than thunderbolt, and is a more well rounded handset than the revolution, which is ok but very "meh" in terms of features.

Looking at getting a tablet and after originally thinking the Windows Acer Iconia (that's just today's example; tomorrow may bring something different) I've been looking at the Android alternatives, more specifically either the Android Acer or more likely the Asus Eee Pad. I'm looking to use it in lectures and for work to replace my current 17" laptopthatonlyjustfitsonmylapandnotinmybag alongside a desktop. Essentially pdf annotating, basic word processing and internet, which makes me think now that spending more on a windows one isn't worth it, and I don't really want an iPad even though I've got an iPhone. Anyone had any experience with Android v3?

I just recently got the Acer Iconia A500 (like it wasn't obvious at the meet). I'm going to make a short video review of it soon. What functions exactly are you looking for? There's plenty of office apps (which cost money but can be found for free if you're that cheap) for word processing, I know of only PDF readers, though, haven't needed a pdf editor yet.

The autonomy is great. With wifi on all the time, I can easily get 8 hours of work out of it (it's been on for the past 2 days now already, since I've been busy with other things and haven't had the time to play with it a lot).