The Android thread

No, It's still got about 15 minutes in it. :p

Gingerbread downloaded. It's fantastic.

Just bit the bullet and bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 :mrgreen:

Its good value on contract.

I'm sure I could find this by searching but I'm lazy :). So the Pixi ended up being worse than the Incredible (mainly in battery life) so the boss lady is going back to the Droid camp. Now with all the issues she's been having I want to root it and reflash it with a different ROM so couple of questions:
1) Is there any way to save ALL the apps+data before I do anything? I tried it with Astro at some point but it only saved the apps not the save data. (don't want her losing angry birds saves now)
2) What is a general procedure for reflashing and also what would be a good ROM to use? Should I root it first?

Root first, install titanium backup, backup the wanted apps to SD card, install ClockworkMod recovery, do a nandroid backup (just in case), wipe, install new rom, install titanium backup, restore apps.

The general concensus is that CyanogenMod is the best, unless you want a certain stock experience. Any rom you download to flash via ClockworkMod recovery will already be rooted, so you don't have to worry about that.

Root first, install titanium backup, backup the wanted apps to SD card, install ClockworkMod recovery, do a nandroid backup (just in case), wipe, install new rom, install titanium backup, restore apps.

The general concensus is that CyanogenMod is the best, unless you want a certain stock experience. Any rom you download to flash via ClockworkMod recovery will already be rooted, so you don't have to worry about that.

Really wanting the Bionic tomorrow. Hope my stupid 2 year renewal discount thing cuts that $300 price down enough to make it hurt less.

Well, managed to completely fuck my Nexus One last week by using Titanium Backup "Integrate updates of system apps into ROM" feature.

Even a factory reset wouldn't fix the problems (and actually made the whole situation a whole lot worse). Only way I was able to get myself out of this was to install CyanogenMod.

Turns out I love it, and have no plans on going back to stock GB.

[mini rant]
Titanium Backup never worked for me.
I?m either dumb or my I9000 variant has issues with it.
[mini rant/]

Can't get my Charge to activate. Guess I'll try it tomorrow...

And my Bionic will be here before 3PM tomorrow (er, today since it's now after midnight) after being shipped from Canada. Hurray free shipping.

Can't get my Charge to activate. Guess I'll try it tomorrow...

I dunno how the LTE devices work but you can activate usually via *228

And my Bionic will be here before 3PM tomorrow (er, today since it's now after midnight) after being shipped from Canada. Hurray free shipping.

Awesome, that phone looks great.

The display looks great, better than my old droid I think, though I haven't really sat down with it yet.

And no on the laptop dock, I have no idea what I'd use it for. I'll probably end up rooting for tethering at some point though. The only accessory I foresee myself getting might be the wireless charging pad thing I've heard about.