The Android thread

Its definitely a docking port, but apparently it also charges the phone wirelessly while docked.

I?ve read that this Galaxy S III was a fake, which is a shame because that would be a MONSTER!

I read a leak that said the S III would have a 4.5 GHz octal-core Exynos SoC, a 1080p SAMOLED+ screen, and not have a battery because it runs on unicorns and dreams.

I read a leak that said the S III would have a 4.5 GHz octal-core Exynos SoC, a 1080p SAMOLED+ screen, and not have a battery because it runs on unicorns and dreams.

No, you fool!

Your screen specs are all wrong...

It?s a 4.9" UMOLED screen, 3D

You guys are just plain idiots. Seriously? Unicorns and dreams? 3D?

The next Samsung Galaxy S III has already been announced to run on negative mass neutrinos instead of batteries, it's an expandable screen with a minimum size of 3.5" and a maximum of 46" with 1080p video quality and 4D, it can do your laundry and contact alien races, and will be out november 32nd of this year, just in time for xmas.

^He's got it, except that it's not 1080p, it's 4k.

But the dots are in different places. I don't understand how thats standardised.

I read that the recording capabilities of the S III will be so good, that it'll also be the basis for the next generation RED cameras.

Continuing from IRC, we're chatting about possible android OS names.

Obviously I = Ice Cream Sandwich and they've decided J is Jellybean.

For K, they may or may not have troubles. I thought of Kiwi or Key Lime pie. If they went Indian it would be Kulfi (ice cream).

What do we gots for the rest of the alphabet?

K: key lime pie sounds like the best option.
L: licorice, or lollipop
M: maple taffy?

the real question is, what happens on the 27th update?
start over with fruit?

Last edited:
I flashed a new rom today, got tired of CM7. So I downloaded MIUI. Wow, it's almost "iPhone"ish in many ways. Not sure if I'll like it.

Flashed the new CM7.1 rom for my phone. The people who port CM7 for my phone replaced the normal music apk with the leaked one from ICS. I'm not liking it. Every time it opens, the app has to find my music again and it takes up to 5min to find it all. It's very annoying.

Are there functions somewhere on my Droid Charge to do the following:

1) "sound is off" doesn't seem to mean it. It mutes the ringer, but then many apps will still make sound until I turn it off within the app.

2) Is there a hidden option somewhere to keep the display active when it's plugged in? I hate driving around listening to music, and to find out what it is, I have to hit the power button to power up the display, then unlock it. Kind of a pain. My laptop doesn't time-out when it's plugged in...I want this to do the same thing.

Mousse
Neapolitan
Pumpkin Pie
Tiramisu
Vla
Wafer

Those all sound like good choices, but what the crap is Vla?

K: key lime pie sounds like the best option.

Sounds delicious too :p

Q= Quince Tart
T= Turkish Delight

Not sure if they'd insert a country name in the dessert right? They'd want it all generic?

My thoughts:

K: Key Lime Pie
L: Lemon Creme, Lime (but I think licorice does work best)
M: Marshmallow! Melon, meringue
N: Nougat, nutmeg

X will definitely be interesting. I'm thinking they'll skip letters