The Android thread

Yay. One S for me too.

467667_10150709662011623_611066622_9864376_1640810095_o.jpg

Google play movies seems to have arrived in Aus.

One of the sticking points of the GN is the camera being only 5mp and takeing very average photos.

I still don't understand this. Granted, I'm not a professional photographer and none of my friends are either, but we have never been disappointed in any of the pictures my Nexus has taken, and even my buddy with an iPhone 4 says my phone takes better pictures than his.

I still don't understand this. Granted, I'm not a professional photographer and none of my friends are either, but we have never been disappointed in any of the pictures my Nexus has taken, and even my buddy with an iPhone 4 says my phone takes better pictures than his.
What many people don't get is that especially with lenses and sensors as small as in cellphone cameras, MOAR pixels don't necessarily mean better image quality. I'm not saying that this is the case with nsx_23, just making a general observation.

In unrelated news hardware acclerated ICS for the HD2 finally arrived yesterday. Will try it out over the weekend before deciding if I keep it or go back to Gingerbread.

But the One X is bigger... :mrgreen:

Imho, the One X is way too huge. I'm already strained to call the One S with its 4,3" acceptable - holding the phone in my right hand, I can either reach the hardware buttons under the screen or the top left corner of the screen with my thumb, but not both without shifting the phone in my hand. And I've started carrying the phone in my jacket pockets rather than jeans, because it's too big for some jeans pockets (it fits, but gets in the way if I want to sit down).

You wear small pants. As far as sifting the phone about, I do the same, but I've become very comfortable with it, and HTC's excellent ergonomic designs is to thank for that. This phone is easier and more comfortable to use than the smaller, thinner, and lighter Samsung Captivate I had.

I've said it a billion times and i'll say it again. My next phone will not be another tiny 4.3, but any HTC 4.7.
5 inch is probably too big, but who knows, HTC might dazzle me.

Screen size becomes less important when you take bezel width into consideration. The One X with 4.7" is almost the same size as the older Sensation with 4.3".

For comparison:

size%20comparo.png

I used the Galaxy nexus because they don't have the One yet, but they are almost exactly the same size.

EDIT: Here a link to the page.

Last edited:
I curse HTC for not putting more memory into the One S.

So, people that have the Galaxy Nexus:
How is the GPS? Has Samsung learned how to make a proper one?
My Galaxy S is still working fine but I am looking at buying the Nexus, so please chime in whoever has one.

my Samsung Galaxy S 2's GPS works fine, when trying to find a house my friend was gonna look at, and it was on a small gravel road, and we got there fine.

I have a Droid X. Does that make me cool?

Does anyone have experience with connecting android to an ad-hoc wireless network?

A little background, my plan is this:

<internet> - <marina AP> - <powerful wifi antenna> - <laptop> - <ad-hoc network> - <android>

The first four steps work fine.

It does. One is built-in (for the ad-hoc network) and one is external and powerful, mounted in the roof of the boat. Legal disclaimer, it's matching the German limit on output power :coplight:

Looks like this, only longer (that's what she said :drums:):

The antenna needs to be moved up because sending and receiving stuff close to or even under the waterline sucks.

Last edited: