The Android thread

Meanwhile in Nexus 10 land:

Also, apparently armed cats doesn't support file uploads from a nexus 10.

Have you tried the "erase framework data" trick? Always works for me.

Also, I never managed to upload to armedcats from mobile. :dunno:

My Nexus 4 is still saying up to date, i guess since mine is a later production number it must roll out later or something... I'm in no rush to update to resort to sideloading

I think this has probably been answered already since the thread popped up in search, but I'd rather not go through all 369 pages to find it...

Does anyone know of an easy way to connect to a hidden WPA Enterprise network? I can attempt to add a network, plug in the name, select wpa/wpa2 psk in the security, but that still only leaves the password line to fill in rather than a user ID and password line.

I was able to with my previous phone, but that was because they dumbed it down (iphone, if you must know). Currently have a HTC Vision running 4.2.1

Also, I never managed to upload to armedcats from mobile. :dunno:
AFAIK Armedcats uses a flash plugin to upload images. Thus, you need flash.

AFAIK Armedcats uses a flash plugin to upload images. Thus, you need flash.

I wouldn't bother...another site uses Flash and the way flash displays your files to select for upload via Android is hopelessly useless. Basically a alphabetised list with no thumbnails.

Fuck you Gorilla Glass, my phone has a tiny almost invisible scratch.

I've scratched every piece of gorilla glass on electronics I own. I got a screen protector for my new phone. We'll see how it fares when I start using said phone in a few weeks.

You guys should stop smuggling diamonds out of South Africa in the same pockets you keep your phones.

My Galaxy S had very minor scratches after dropping it countless times over 2 years and my current GNexus has ZERO scratches. :dunno:

My current GNex is on the second display after the first one shattered when I dropped it while drunk as fuck.

My DHD had a silicon back and a couple of screen protectors, 2 year later the phone made about ?10 more than a scratched to fuck one on ebay.
This phone, I decided to forgo the protection and not mollycoddle it. Thats not to say it goes in the same pocket as my change/carkeys.

I haven't used a screen protector since I had my Nokia N95. Yet my Desire, Sensation and now my One XL have all remained scratch free. I don't know what you two (Aston and Rick) are doing to yours.

I used to work with a guy who would stab his Galaxy S screen with a pen to demonstrate how tough the glass was. He never managed to scratch it, but he did drop it one day and break the AMOLED panel beneath the glass. :lol:

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a phone with shattered gorilla glass and the screen still works. Lol

Bought one of these:

LG Optimus G

http://img13.imageshack.**/img13/4022/20121116t011857.jpg

Think Nexus 4 except with better camera and LTE.

I haven't used a screen protector since I had my Nokia N95. Yet my Desire, Sensation and now my One XL have all remained scratch free. I don't know what you two (Aston and Rick) are doing to yours.

I used to work with a guy who would stab his Galaxy S screen with a pen to demonstrate how tough the glass was. He never managed to scratch it, but he did drop it one day and break the AMOLED panel beneath the glass. :lol:

put it in your pocket next to you keys and your lighter, and you'll have a scratched screen within a week!

A friend of mine has a phone with shattered gorilla glass and the screen still works. Lol
It usually does. The digitizer is a separate part located below the gorilla glass.

put it in your pocket next to you keys and your lighter, and you'll have a scratched screen within a week!

I always carry my phone in the same hip pocket as my keys. I just keep the screen side against my thigh and the back facing outwards.

simples.jpg

Last edited:
Latest Firefox for Android....I think I found my new browser.

Just got an email about the new HTC One, which annoys me that my phone is no longer the flagship. :(

So whats the difference, between this and the X Plus? just the 4G and an extra mic?
The Plus has 64GB, not 32. :p