The Android thread

Oh... I don't know if that would be possible.

Wasn't theirs partly e-ink and partly lcd? im talking about one screen, fully lcd and e-ink, or partly e-ink, but in the same area, not divided

Oh... I don't know if that would be possible.

The OG Nook had two seperate screens. One at the top was e-ink, while the smaller lcd wasn't.

Upgrade!!! Took Sprint long enough.....

http://img521.imageshack.**/img521/6123/woooo.png

Ugh, mixed up the date of the GS4 launch event. It was tonight instead of tomorrow.

Anyway, here's the recorded livetream (jump 34 minutes in):

Nothing overly impressive unfortunately.

Nothing overly impressive unfortunately.

The theme this time around was definitely more of a "see how our software + services work with your life" angle. It's extremely telling that they glossed over the phone's processor, rumor has it that the US devices will have a Snapdragon processor instead of Exynos Octa.

The theme this time around was definitely more of a "see how our software + services work with your life" angle. It's extremely telling that they glossed over the phone's processor, rumor has it that the US devices will have a Snapdragon processor instead of Exynos Octa.

I believe they're going with the Snapdragon 600 (The S4 Pro only tops out at 1.7 GHZ according to Wikipedia) which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I am interested to see how the Exynos 5 will perform. The new changes to the design are great, but I really wish they would do something new with the back. The 2600 mAh battery and microSD card slot are good features though.

Last edited:
Not a bad update over the SIII, IMO. The 5" screen looks very sharp from what I've seen. Can't wait until they take pre-orders. The S4 will be amazing compared to my almost 3 year old iPhone 4.

Mali isn't bad, although it doesn't state the screen resolution and for a tablet that cheap I'm afraid it might be WVGA (854x480) and that sucks on a 7".

Yeah, that's the resolution. The next best one with Jellybean and a dual core here is almost 50 euros more expensive though.

My One X + is being a bitch, it loses signal then says no SIM inserted. If this happens when the screen is off, I am unable to turn the phone back on for about a minute. I dunno if it's a Vodafone issue or a phone issue.

Is there any way to turn off ... Emails I've read, Facebook updates I've seen in my computer, Facebook messages I've already replied to ages ago, Google Talk conversations already over hours ago, etc. All of these start arriving to my phone making it extremely slow for around 1 minute after I turn on some way to connect to the internet (wi fi or 3G), and they're completely useless.

I don't wanna turn off notifications altogether, just want it not to show me stuff I already seen in other devices.

Email is supposed to sync read/unread status via IMAP, so you should be getting the notifications, unless your desktop (or other) client is set-up incorrectly. Same for google talk. Dunno about facebook.