The Android thread

If only there was a way to manually check the notifications. The prompt goes away every so quickly.

Are you using Chrome? Pushbullet uses Chrome's native notification thingy to handle the pushes and they remain in the notification tray icon till I manually dismiss them. And there are options for automatic removal after few seconds.

I played with the M8 today, the bottom bezel is massive and the on-screen 3 menu buttons are slow.

That pushbullet app, bloody brilliant!

Now I just need to get the extension to work for Opera, cos chrome is pretty much....... shit.

So nobody wants Google Glass besides me (I will be waiting until they are much cheaper)?

lol $1500 :')

The stock camera app is now on the play store! Updated UI with 100% viewfinder, Lens blur feature (Faux depth of field), high resolution panoramas and an animation telling you to rotate the phone when you try to take a portrait video :lol:

Casualties are the time lapse, timer, white balance and contrast adjustment.

So far I like this update. The ability to undo images taken with photosphere and panorama mode is most welcome.

Last edited:
The stock camera app is now on the play store! Updated UI with 100% viewfinder, Lens blur feature (Faux depth of field), high resolution panoramas and an animation telling you to rotate the phone when you try to take a portrait video :lol:

Casualties are the time lapse, timer, white balance and contrast adjustment.

So far I like this update. The ability to undo images taken with photosphere and panorama mode is most welcome.

My N5 automatically updated to the new camera, the UI is interesting in that minimalist sense and the whole shutter bar is a nice touch

2ieo.jpg

fgvj0.jpg

9f2b.jpg

v5rdw.jpg

There is no timer? Really? Sounds like I'll end up getting a different camera app if mine auto updates.

The animation preventing you from making a vertical video is the BEST? thing EVER!

There is no timer? Really? Sounds like I'll end up getting a different camera app if mine auto updates.

Missing functions will probably return with later updates, now that it's a play store based app. Will be improved much faster than waiting for each new build of Android to be released.

Speaking of it appears 4.4.3 for the N5 is around the corner... Which of course means it'll arrive at all other devices with the normal time delay.

There seems to be a bug where when you enable HDR, the black bar which is supposed to on the left, shifts to the right under the menu bar and clashes with it. And I have noticed that the focus ring seems to disappear from time to time. Hope these gets ironed out.

As edkwon said they will most probably added later on. There is an Advance menu in settings and for now only a toggle to turn the manual exposure adjustment is available. I'm sure they will populate it with more options later on.

Edit: Oh wait. Looks like those features and more will be coming soon :D

Last edited: