The Android thread

Folks I have a question.

I have two mobiles, work and personal. If I receive an iMessage or SMS on one phone, I can read/respond to it on the other regardless of the number it was sent to. Can this be done with Android devices?

I also have both mobiles ring if I'm on a wireless network with both devices, but this isn't as important because I can just divert one phone to another.

Folks I have a question.

I have two mobiles, work and personal. If I receive an iMessage or SMS on one phone, I can read/respond to it on the other regardless of the number it was sent to. Can this be done with Android devices?

I also have both mobiles ring if I'm on a wireless network with both devices, but this isn't as important because I can just divert one phone to another.

Are you able to respond to both an iMessage or SMS from either phone because of iOS? I find that odd on the SMS part as that is directed to a number, whereas iMessage can be directed to your Apple ID/email or w/e "ID" that you choose to link to it.

I have 2 phones too, iOS & Android, work and personal, never needed to have them sync in such a way.

Folks I have a question.

you can set up a tasker than forwards each incomming SMS to your other number as well...
you'll pay for the sent SMS though...

or you can search the google store, and find stuff like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d0lph1nk1ng.syncsms&hl=en

Are you able to respond to both an iMessage or SMS from either phone because of iOS? I find that odd on the SMS part as that is directed to a number, whereas iMessage can be directed to your Apple ID/email or w/e "ID" that you choose to link to it.

I have 2 phones too, iOS & Android, work and personal, never needed to have them sync in such a way.

Tech, yeah you can. You respond via the number from which the text was originally sent to. I'm assuming iMessage sends it via the other phone. I use it because when I'm away from my desk or on leave I don't need to carry both phones. Gives me a bit of freedom on who I need to respond to.

I wouldn't want to do it cross platforms, more if I move to Android I'd have both work and personal as Android.

Bone, I'll have a look at that.

It was annoying at first when someone called me and my entire bloody house started ringing. If I was playing media on my TV Mac Mini, I was kicked out of fullscreen. I disabled the shit out of that.

I use the SMS feature a lot, however. It's so nice to be able to respond to any kind of text from any computer in the house, or from my ipad for that matter.

Finally solved my tablet dilemma and ordered a Huawei MediaPad X2. It's coming tomorrow.

Huawei-MediaPad-X2-1.jpg

Short spec list:
- 7" 1920x1200 screen
- Octocore (quad 1,5GHz + quad 2.0GHz with power saving mode using only one)
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB onboard
- Android 5.0 with 6.0 upgrade either already available or coming very soon (not sure)
- Dual SIM or single SIM + microSD
- 3G/LTE with phone function

At 350?, it's a little but more money than I intended to pay... but still less than other suitable alternatives (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 LTE).

I solved my dilemma of that phone to get since my previous died last Tuesday, so I now have nexus 6p.

I solved my dilemma of that phone to get since my previous died last Tuesday, so I now have nexus 6p.

The battery in my HTC M8 is slowly dying and the screen and lense is cracked so I'm going to get one of the 2016 flagships or this I think.

It ticks practically all my boxes with a great battery, great screen, front facing stereo speakers and a good camera, but I'm just not sure I could live the size of the thing.

Something like the Galaxy S7 would have the right size but compromise on the speakers (I watch a lot of youtube and netflix on my phone) and then there is touchwiz...

Is that some sort of double entendre I am not getting?

:p

Folks, i have a question.

For a friend i am looking for a very simple app to show gps/gpx tracks and routes. Which he can follow when driving his bicycle.
Offline maps are a big bonus, but not necessarily a dealbreaker.

The app does however have to be noob-friendly.

Can you help me?

I also use Oruxmaps and like it a lot. You can download satellite imagery and overlay the GPS track over it, which works really well. It even has 3d data so you can see the steepness of the terrain and such. There is also USGS Topo Maps and such as well...among others.

if you save the gpx file to your google drive, you can also open it in google maps
but you can't activate directions which guide you over the track, you have to follow it yourself :(