The Android thread

Mine has an icon come up, telling you which app has a notification (twitter, mail, facebook, whatever), and when I touch it, I get to see the notification without unlocking the phone... which is very neat.

If it's the twitter bird icon or whatever I know I can ignore it, if it's a text then I know I want to read it immediately

I guess it's a Motorola thing since I had this installed as standard...

Yup, Moto's Active Display was the first of its kind iirc: https://www.motorola.com/us/Moto-X-Features-Active-Display/motox-features-3-active-display.html

The later Nexus devices have something similar: http://www.androidcentral.com/ambient-display-nexus-6

That is exactly what I needed! Had no idea something like that could be controlled with an app. *sigh* I was on iOS for far too long...

I like that it's more discreet than lighting up the entire display.
it certainly keeps you from flashing some embarrassing or personal message to the whole office :p

If I need it discrete, my phone stays in my pocket or upside down, and I'll get a vibration. I don't have anyone that would send me anything that would need discretion, anyways. :p

I drop my phone all the time, nothing major just around the house.

I've noticed massive impact scratches on the screen. :(

Last month I got a Pebble Time Steel as a birthday gift, it's great for glancing over phone notifications at work, while driving..., plus it works really well with Smart Unlock.

Edit: My Z3 compact was sent for the second time in service, under warranty, because the screen was getting unglued on the top. In may it will be one year since I bought it. Also, Sony still hasn't released the Marshmallow update for the Z3. I had 4 android phones, all Sony(Ericsson), but this might be my last Sony phone.

Last edited:
I drop my phone all the time, nothing major just around the house.

I've noticed massive impact scratches on the screen. :(
Glass screen protectors are amazing things.

That + a ruggedized case pretty much means that this thing should be in decent shape when it's time to replace it.

I think I can count the number of times this has been out of the case on one hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last month I got a Pebble Time Steel as a birthday gift, it's great for glancing over phone notifications at work, while driving..., plus it works really well with Smart Unlock.

Edit: My Z3 compact was sent for the second time in service, under warranty, because the screen was getting unglued on the top. In may it will be one year since I bought it. Also, Sony still hasn't released the Marshmallow update for the Z3. I had 4 android phones, all Sony(Ericsson), but this might be my last Sony phone.

Yep, SmartUnlock is great, works fine with my MiBand as well. About Sony, I swear the Z5 is a fantastic piece of hardware but the price...

Yep, SmartUnlock is great, works fine with my MiBand as well. About Sony, I swear the Z5 is a fantastic piece of hardware but the price...

Does that have any discernible impact on battery life of either band or phone? I might go and use that as well...

Not really. I get about the same battery life since I've started using it. I also use my home as a trusted location so it's unlocked around the house.

Yeah, finger print sensor which functions as a home button and capacitive buttons for back and multitasking.

I wish it was 5.5+ inches (or at least available in two sizes)

:(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They did? o_O Awesome... I wasn't actually waiting for it, I thought I was stuck on whatever the hell I have now :p

edit: huh, you have a source for me? admittedly, I only checked the official sony page and they're hoooooorrrible with announcing their stuff there it seems, but still.
scratch that, I found it...

Last edited:
It will take a while before the update is available for all phones, the rollout is dependent on country/carrier.

Yup, I'm pretty much used to that already... by then I'll have forgotten about it all and will be positively surprised :D

It will take longer than I thought <_<

Sony statement on Xperia Beta Program said:
WE STILL HAVE SEVERAL BETA RELEASES FOR YOU

The Xperia Beta Program will continue until at least the middle of the year. In other words, as member of the program, you will always receive the best software available?before anyone else?with constant fixes and updates based on your feedback.
Just to be clear, the current release, 23.5.A.0.570, is not the final Beta software for members of the program. Although this version is being released now in a few markets, for members of the trade (operators), it is not the final version for you.

I need a red htc 10 like now.......

So much want

I need the red htc 10 like now.......

So much want