The Android thread

Same. I expect to get the Nexus, but by then long-ish term reviews of the OP3 will be out, so it may come down to between them.

I've had my OP3 for 24h now, and so far I like it.

One handed operation (and sometimes even two handed operations) can be problematic due to how thin the bezel is, so touches around the edges are detected and screw up the intended touch.

"Dash" is pretty cool :

Screenshot_20160628-190123.png

On my Windows 10 computer, the first time I plugged in my Galaxy S7, I selected the option to view contents in folders. However, it doesn't actually show me anything. The device shows up, but there are no visible folders.

Thoughts?

Tried the ADB drivers? they say W10 has them but i dont really trust what generic drivers they have

You'll have to turn on developer mode and usb debugging i think, YMMV

Though before that as long as you plug it into usb the phone should ask how you want to connect (MTP/PTP etc) in the notification shade

Last edited:
Huh...never knew that. On my Note 5, the PC asks every time, but the phone asks if I deny or allow the connection.

S7 gets automatically set to charging mode via USB, tap the notification to change it to media transfer.

I believe this was introduced by Google as the earlier default behaviour of allowing files to be seen was not great security wise.

S7 gets automatically set to charging mode via USB, tap the notification to change it to media transfer.

I don't have a notification...

edit: nevermind, I thought you meant at the top of the screen, not in the pull-down window. Found it.

Phone upgrade is due in October. I think I'm going to go with the HTC marlin Nexus.... I'm slightly pissed it's only 5.5 though :(

Phone upgrade is due in October. I think I'm going to go with the HTC marlin Nexus.... I'm slightly pissed it's only 5.5 though :(
Sadly, after the rejection of the Nexus 6, I doubt there will be a flagship 6 inch again.

It sucks because, honestly, most people probably rejected it because Google/Motorola decided to not subsidize the price like other Nexus phones, not necessarily because it was 6 inches.

I would love to have a 6 inch phone, so badly...

Picked up a Oneplus 3 to replace my oneplus 2, terrific phone, improved in form and function in almost every way. Fingerprint reader is now insanely fast and battery usage far better than in the OP2.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Strange notification on my Galaxy S7.

I had a customer call me, and my phone rang. I heard the ringtone, everything was fine.

In the middle of the call, they got disconnected for whatever reason and tried calling me back. They called twice and I never heard a ringtone, and even though the phone was sitting on the table in front of me, I never heard a vibration and never saw the screen light up.

I've always had the sneaking suspicion that I wasn't getting indications of incoming calls with this phone, but I never was able to prove it, and just chalked it up to me walking with it in a loose pocket, or in my bag, etc. This time, though, I know it didn't show/play me anything.

What the heck?

For recent car reasons, I'd like to make my BB Priv (Android 6.0.1) enable its wifi hotspot when its bluetooth is connected to my car, and turn it off again when it's not.

Google finds many ways, can you recommend one?