The Android thread

Did get another overheat. It was 176f by the time it came back on. WTF is causing the CPU to overheat?
Boot it into safe mode to see if it will overheat again.

http://m.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-4-safe-mode

This will isolate if it's a bad app (if things are fine in safe mode) or something else.

Edit: forgot that safe mode doesn't let you launch 3rd party apps to begin with - removed text.

Last edited:
Did that, got it do it in safe mode. Best guess currently is either the "OK Google" deal, the SD card (which is at least 4 years old) or possibly Google Keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-HOTPLATE using Tapatalk

That is bizzare. I guess you could try running without the SD card to rule that out, followed by disabling always on "OK Google", then uninstalling the Google Keyboard.

Have run with and without the SD card, still did it. Just did it with Google keyboard, so I've removed it. OK Google has been removed for a part of the evening, still did it.

e0e8b86eea9fdebff0ed13d3af5395b8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Splitscreen came with Nougat. Works well on the Pixel C I bought for mom to end her misery with the ancient lagfest of a Samsung Tab she uses.

NvEFrhJ.jpg

I need some help peeps. I want to share files (wireless is fine, but I also have an adapter to do it via USB) between two Android devices (S7 and an LG GpadII). So far I have been able to send a few pics. I have tried several ways to get music, without any success. Am I missing something, or do I need an app?

Thanks in advance.

This is just for the phone and tablet. My computer is dead at the moment.

Yes, but the article talks you through transferring files from one android device to another. I just added another use case.

There's Superbeam which lets you stream stuff from one device to the other over wifi? Works well and quite fast. You only need one device which is able to scan qr codes

Gave up on the Note 4 and traded it in on a LG V20. So far I like it, going to take a little bit to get use to not having a physical home button and the fact the lock button is on the back of the phone. Other than that it's much more user friendly than the Note 4 had become. You know, being able to use it for more than 15 minutes at a time is a nice feature to have in a phone...

Gave up on the Note 4 and traded it in on a LG V20. So far I like it, going to take a little bit to get use to not having a physical home button and the fact the lock button is on the back of the phone. Other than that it's much more user friendly than the Note 4 had become. You know, being able to use it for more than 15 minutes at a time is a nice feature to have in a phone...

:lol: congrats!

Nougat update installing right now on my OP3 :)

So far so good, only quirk I had was having to select a different theme, and then come back to the dark theme to get it to display dark settings.

Fuck me, have you seen the Xiaomi Mix? :O
It looks sick doesn't it? I wish Xiaomi sold shit officially here...It'd be tempting if they did.