The Annoying Ads thread - post and rant away here.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium
I figured I'd make a thread on this based on the annoying car ads thread. I'm sure there are plenty of other TV ads that irritate the FG hive mind.

Mine at the moment:

When the voiceover goes "it's innovative delivery system provides all this for your dog or cat" I swear my eye twitches uncontrollably. What is the "this" that Seresto provides? The random ass green and purple molecules floating out of the collar when he says that? Cause that's what it sounds like even if they're actually meaning it provides protection for 8 months.

ugh.

Last edited:
Grounded to the ground.

Just thinking about it I can feel my blood pressure rising.

All of the adverts. All of the time.

Grounded to the ground.

Just thinking about it I can feel my blood pressure rising.

Had to check what you were on about. It's worse than I thought.

"it has stuff that guys like, like the rims and the sleekness to the body." :|

Had to check what you were on about. It's worse than I thought.

"it has stuff that guys like, like the rims and the sleekness to the body." :|
That's Toyota customers for you. Appliance buyers that are just stupid enough to think they bought something "sporty"

-No, that plastic thing on the back you call a spoiler does not give it more traction, your car is FWD.....yes I'm sure.
-No, 16V does not mean it has 16 cilinders, do you even know what a cilinder is?
-No, that's not real carbon fibre, carbon fibre parts don't tend to be stick-on.....

It's been dying down a little of late but the barrage of online betting ads that repeated often several times in a one break were really annoying. And king of annoying was Bet365 with their overly animated and poorly acted "BOOM, WOW"-video. Grocery chain ICA did a spoof on it which on the other hand was excellent. So here they are side by side, annoying betting ad in green, spoof (but never the less real) grocery ad in red.

[video=youtube;0-bkOnXPuJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-bkOnXPuJM[/video]
Original without ICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkF00YdBRmU

ICA's long running advertisement series (built up like individual stories) have been broadcast in over 500 episodes and their advertising channel on Youtube has 32 thousand subscribers. They also have a Play-app so you can watch their ads wherever you are whenever you want. Advertising done right.

Aside from the green hell above the usual offenders for bad ads are the poorly ported international ads for womens beauty cream, however I can't find any of those online. Whenever I watch streamed UK TV I am always flabbergasted at the incredibly low production values of their advertisements. The Bet365 ad is Oscar material compared to UK car insurance or mortage refinancing or whatever. So genuinely awful it boggles belief! :lol:

Now I'm stretching a bit by comparing apples and diamonds but here's some steak at Asda. It's a steak. No thinking whatsoever went into making anything creative. It's bland and boring and as inoffensive as they can make it. Here's some meat and other stuff at ICA. It's got aliens.

Last edited:
I hate it when cable TV company ads try and diminish satellite company capabilities by saying stuff like "When it rains your signal goes out" when the cable company gets it's signal from a satellite.

It's been dying down a little of late but the barrage of online betting ads that repeated often several times in a one break were really annoying. And king of annoying was Bet365 with their overly animated and poorly acted "BOOM, WOW"-video. Grocery chain ICA did a spoof on it which on the other hand was excellent. So here they are side by side, annoying betting ad in green, spoof (but never the less real) grocery ad in red.

[video=youtube;0-bkOnXPuJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-bkOnXPuJM[/video]
Original without ICA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkF00YdBRmU

ICA's long running advertisement series (built up like individual stories) have been broadcast in over 500 episodes and their advertising channel on Youtube has 32 thousand subscribers. They also have a Play-app so you can watch their ads wherever you are whenever you want. Advertising done right.

Aside from the green hell above the usual offenders for bad ads are the poorly ported international ads for womens beauty cream, however I can't find any of those online. Whenever I watch streamed UK TV I am always flabbergasted at the incredibly low production values of their advertisements. The Bet365 ad is Oscar material compared to UK car insurance or mortage refinancing or whatever. So genuinely awful it boggles belief! :lol:

Now I'm stretching a bit by comparing apples and diamonds but here's some steak at Asda. It's a steak. No thinking whatsoever went into making anything creative. It's bland and boring and as inoffensive as they can make it. Here's some meat and other stuff at ICA. It's got aliens.

Great, I ended up watching a bunch of ASDA ads, watched their video on online ordering (and thus researched used Regal prices after the family collected their goods in a Opel Insignia hatch), and ended up re-watching several Morrisons ads with Hammond in them. :lol:

Great, I ended up watching a bunch of ASDA ads, watched their video on online ordering (and thus researched used Regal prices after the family collected their goods in a Opel Insignia hatch), and ended up re-watching several Morrisons ads with Hammond in them. :lol:
You're welcome!

- The Internet

There was one for a baby formula that had something called "brain and eye blend" and it just made me think of baby brains and eyes in a blender.

You're welcome!

- The Internet
Great! :D

Found one of those annoying generic ads (uploaded today), no matter what language female hair colouring advertisements are exactly the same, and have been for decades. It's always "a new formula", a complicated name, some graphics that illustrate broken hair becoming "healed" and women who throw their hair. Yaaaaawn.

How to do hair advertisement (shampoo)

Bonus video: someone in Thailand didn't get the memo.

Last edited:
Fucking ads that are twice the volume of the show. Yeah, that's still a thing and quite annoying when you're sitting in bed at 2AM trying to not wake up everyone in the house.

Saw this one on TV over the weekend at a bar, and Jalopnik just picked up on it

No. Chevy, just stop. No one is going to mistake your products for Range Rovers or BMWs. ESPECIALLY the Equinox. And Jason at 0:17 and his "This is Chevy?!?!?". What did you think it was? There are unmasked Chevy bowties all over the vehicle and steering wheel.

Last edited: