• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

The Apple Silicon discussion and experience thread

Okay, this is the first Apple event where I had three devices that I would see announcement of updates for. Well, it turns out it's just two after all, as Apple Watch S5 is getting dropped. :(

Is it just me, apart from Apple Intelligence, was there anything interesting unveiled today?
I really like the additions they’ve announced for fitness on Apple Watch… but that’s even more niche and minor than the iPad calc, I’ll admit 🤣
I also rather like the iPad calculator…
And the whole AI crap is a fairly big deal imo - cause they’re actually trying to make it usefully integrated and putting most of it local is a good spin.

At first I figured the 1password guys might be sweating (or swearing) right now. Yes, I know there are other password managers but 1password is the one Apple people use. I first used it when the main repository lived on your Mac and syncing happened via iTunes and USB. After a while, LAN sync became a thing so the Mac and iOS app could talk to each other over your wi-fi. It's obviously been cloud based since forever, but I'm old.

And now Apple launched a Passwords app that also runs on Windows. But it seems you have to install iCloud and the kitchen sink on Windows to get the Passwords app, so I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet if I was 1password.