The Apple Silicon discussion and experience thread

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
A sum up of all the new MacBooks Pro:

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
I got my MacBook Pro Pro a little while ago, and the experience has been really smooth enough so far. The only pain point, as usual, is with the MX Master 2S.
I don't know if this thing is dying on me or if the software is just terrible, but every couple of days the scroll-wheel just stops working and I have to reboot the whole machine to get it back.
One of my multiport dongle also stops working after a while, but it had no problems on my M1 mini before. Luckily I have another one that works fine for now.

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
I got my MacBook Pro Pro a little while ago, and the experience has been really smooth enough so far. The only pain point, as usual, is with the MX Master 2S.
I don't know if this thing is dying on me or if the software is just terrible, but every couple of days the scroll-wheel just stops working and I have to reboot the whole machine to get it back.
One of my multiport dongle also stops working after a while, but it had no problems on my M1 mini before. Luckily I have another one that works fine for now.
Yes, Logitech's software seems to be a little dodgy at times.

My MX keys did act strange occasionally with my old Windows desktop, where the volume would randomly rush straight up to max and refuse to go down, or rush down to zero and refuse to go up if I turned it up or down sometimes. The only thing that cured this was to switch it off and back on again and it worked again. But apart from this, my Logitech stuff, both the MX Keys and the MX Master 3 seems to work really well with my M1 MacBook Air. Interestingly, neither of them are the "Mac-version", but I have installed the Logi Options which is running (through Rosetta 2) in the background.