RAH-66%20Comanche.jpg

comanche4.jpg

comanche9.jpg

Rah-66.jpg

rah-66_1.jpg

RAH66%20comanche.jpg

rah66_comanche_t.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRZfrdlB-4[/YOUTUBE]

The things I'd do to have a shot flying this......

I STILL can't believe the US Government cancelled the project after wasting 4 Billion or so on it and then decided not to finish it because it was over-budget and would cost another 2B to finish.

Helluva good looking chopper, the Comanche.

Uhhh, Houston?

If you went on a cruise flight and the cruise air ship came into port upside down on its nose you'd want your money back!

Also that first plane needs more engines. Definitely more engines.

Needs a few rockets for good measure.

Flying boats are always welcome in this thread.

I know this is not technically a plane, but it's damn awesome enough to be in here...
Ekranoplanlarge.jpg

And just to compensate for that, here is another airship.
Uss_los_angeles_airship.jpg

What gave it away? The Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, Alcatraz or the Golden Gate?

What gave it away? The Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, Alcatraz or the Golden Gate?

No.

It was the odd reflective qualities of the water coupled with the star systems visible through light-amplification in the sky that gave it away.

I like the photoshopped American flag on the nose. It's especially obvious next to an unphotoshopped picture of the exact same plane.

Needs more Cessna.

3810245323_1132919100_o.jpg

2654064486_167b508bba_o.jpg

4090207952_a3b503cfc1_b.jpg

3771558244_3678ecf990_b.jpg

I like the photoshopped American flag on the nose. It's especially obvious next to an unphotoshopped picture of the exact same plane.

That, and the fact that the American flag is usually portrayed the other way. Flag pole on the left, flag waving to the right.

No, no, it's right. As an old timer I used to play BF1942 with (specifically DC, and he was my clan leader, he was an awesome old dude, but now I'm getting OT) explained it, although I'm massively paraphrasing, you have to the stars on the leading edge because the flag is being carried into battle, as it were. American flag patches on soldier's right shoulders have to have the stars on the right or else it's wrong. Same thing with the photoshopped noseart, that's the right way to display the flag.

It's the same way on the VC-25. Which is a awesome aircraft by any means despite who it carries.

Air_Force_One_over_Mt._Rushmore.jpg